TO4E Turbo, is that Pat C's one?

GT4TOY

Hi,

I am currently planning on upgrading to a GT35R turbo, but another turbo has popped up quite cheap. I'm not the best person when it comes to turbo numbers etc, but I'm pretty sure this is the same turbo that Pat C. is using.
If it is I'm thinking that would prob do it for me for a while (finances are starting to get tight at tho mo, so the GT35R is becoming less and less an option everytime I check the bank :cry: )

It says it a New to4e with .7a/r.
If I could get it for $900 (NZD) it seems quite good, but I want a turbo that will be able to pull a 10s 1/4mile with supporting mods etc.
Heres the link: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 232150.htm

Thanks,

Gus.

Wreckless

There's no less than a dozen possible turbos you just described, probably more. T04E's are old school though, and the new Garret GT technology is awesome stuff.
Depending on the trim, turbine wheel, etc, that T04E might be good from 300hp max to 500-ish max. A GT35 will be good for a healthy bit more than a T04E, and the spool from a GT35 will be superior. In the end, I always recommend getting what you want for a bit more than settling for less.
Edit: I finally got that link to work, and I don't know what the conversion exchange is from NZ to USD, but I know that the GT35 would be worth the price difference if you were honestly shooting for 10's.

GT4TOY

I can get the GT35R in NZ for $2500, and the to4e is $900. So there's a bit of a price difference if the cheap one will do the job.