CT26 not being able to hold boost?

-==L=a=N=c=E==-

I know this was mentioned on the old forums, but is it normal for the CT26 to start losing boost after around the 4000rpm mark up until readline?

Reason i ask, i can make 14psi easy, but after a while i lose boost and it drags back down to around 10 psi come redline. At stock boost (wastegate) of 7psi, it'll fade down to around 5-6psi... this is normal right?

Incubusrocks84

Mine boosts like 7-8 all the way up to redline, just feels like there's not much more power past 6000rpm.

on nice and cool nights i get 10psi and i do sometimes see the boost drop a little past 6000.

cheers

Mad1

Hi,

I had the same problem when I bought my car, it would boost high in lower rpm range then when it got to higher rpm the boost pressure dropped to half, I found (when I had my clutch changed) that the cat was completly blocked, all the inside had fell to pieces, and I don't know if this had anything to do with it, the original intake pipes between the afm and the turbo had splits in them.
Now they have been changed I can boost at 1.1bar all the time (with boost controller of course)

-==L=a=N=c=E==-

Its exactly what i was thinking, ill get it checked out soon.

Ill double check all my intake clamps again. but i think the cat problem is the winnar.

-==L=a=N=c=E==-

Well i happily would like to report back that i found the problem. I had replaced all the intercooler clamps, and also removed the BOV. My guess is the BOV was leaking under boost. Something so simple huh.

Cheers all for the advice.