stock fuel system

Q&A regarding engines, turbos, and intercoolers and power upgrades

stock fuel system

Postby Brui » Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:59 am

how much boost the stock fuel system ( 440 injectors and fuel pump ) can supply safely before you have to upgrade it, is it gonna handle 14 PSI?
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Silver 1990 ST185
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
Brui
Club Member

Postby BraveUlysses » Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:19 am

BraveUlysses
Established Member

Postby AWD_MOFO » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:31 pm

braves got the info right there, good research. I personally think 14-15psi is safely maxing the stock fuel system, anything more than that needs a fuel pressure regulator, upgraded fuel pump, injectors and of course some sort of fuel management system.
The younger brothers time has come...
AWD_MOFO
Club Member

Postby BoostJunkee » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:33 am

So say maybe 12-13 would be a safe range with the stock system?

Aren't the st165's running like 8-10 or something like that?
Stupid Honda - 13.6@100mph
BoostJunkee
Club Member

Postby Trance4c » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:39 am

Its interesting to see what people have to say about this... I'll be putting a wideband setup on my car in the next month before I turn the key on a new engine. But here are some interesting things to note:

1. stock CT26 falls on its face after 14-15psi
2. I've heard from people even over at Majestic turbo, etc that we should be able to support up to 18psi on the stock 440's.
3. The first year of my swap I used my NA 5S-FE fuel pump and ran 15-16psi daily. Never a problem, and many consider the FI 3S-GTE fuel pump better than the NA 5S-FE part.

Is there really a good answer for this question though? I don't think so.. if your on a CT26 reguardless of its modification.. keep it around 14-15psi at the best. I don't think we can accurately guage this and put a global smack down on what psi is the limit on the stock fuel system for a number of reasons. Be it the location of the car (changes in air and pressure), to whatever other supporting mods might or might not have been done to the car at this point.

Be safe, or get the correct instruments to accurately decide what psi to run. Thats the only sure answer...
Trance4c
Club Member

Postby BoostJunkee » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:41 am

Trance4c wrote:Its interesting to see what people have to say about this... I'll be putting a wideband setup on my car in the next month before I turn the key on a new engine. But here are some interesting things to note:

2. I've heard from people even over at Majestic turbo, etc that we should be able to support up to 18psi on the stock 440's.
3. The first year of my swap I used my NA 5S-FE fuel pump and ran 15-16psi daily. Never a problem, and many consider the FI 3S-GTE fuel pump better than the NA 5S-FE part.

Is there really a good answer for this question though? I don't think so.. if your on a CT26 reguardless of its modification.. keep it around 14-15psi at the best. I don't think we can accurately guage this and put a global smack down on what psi is the limit on the stock fuel system for a number of reasons. Be it the location of the car (changes in air and pressure), to whatever other supporting mods might or might not have been done to the car at this point.

Be safe, or get the correct instruments to accurately decide what psi to run. Thats the only sure answer...

very well put.

what wideband are you planning on using. I am thinking of picking up a m300 from plxdevices.com for mine.
Stupid Honda - 13.6@100mph
BoostJunkee
Club Member

Postby Trance4c » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:59 am

BoostJunkee wrote:
Trance4c wrote:Its interesting to see what people have to say about this... I'll be putting a wideband setup on my car in the next month before I turn the key on a new engine. But here are some interesting things to note:

very well put.

what wideband are you planning on using. I am thinking of picking up a m300 from plxdevices.com for mine.

That is the exact unit I have purchased and will be installing. I know of two people that have used them personally with great success. One is a MKIV Supra and the other is a MKIII Supra. It is a great unit and with the digital display its easy to read. You should have just as much luck, and that is a great piece of hardware!
Trance4c
Club Member

Postby alltracman78 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:26 pm

Yes, very well put.
alltracman78
GTFour God

Return to Performance and Power