Ignition wire types

Stubble

This is from the Magnecore website:
http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/truth.htm

Interesting read - I think I'll break out my electrical engineering textbook to see if it jives.

Anyway, does anyone know the construction type of the Toyota wires? I've heard a few people on this board say to stick with them anyway.

alltracman78

alltrac4life":3qrz6ixh said:
i have an msd sport compact ignition box and msd blaster 2 coil and i am running magnacore wires. Works great.

I've got a msd on mine, but I've got TRD wires.
Have you had any idling problems? MIne idles real low now. I allready got the EIS.

Plex

Stock ignition with Mangecore wires and plugs... seems to run ok, but I dont know of any others to compare it to haha

alltrac4life

alltracman78":l8zd8dlj said:
alltrac4life":l8zd8dlj said:
i have an msd sport compact ignition box and msd blaster 2 coil and i am running magnacore wires. Works great.

I've got a msd on mine, but I've got TRD wires.
Have you had any idling problems? MIne idles real low now. I allready got the EIS.
Did you put an aftermarket coil on? Also you might have to gap the plugs a little more than stock. Not too much though. I think mine are gapped to .38 or so.

silverarrow

alltrac4life":6ejwk5yr said:
CelicaGT4":6ejwk5yr said:
alltrac4life":6ejwk5yr said:
Nology= waste of money

Dumb!
:cry: haha. They are so rediculas. Something ricers buy thinking that it will give them actual horse power.

Plug wires are plug wires. Some are just better quality than others and it's all about personal preference. It's like you think the td06sh is great, but a t3/t4 hybrid is even better from my point of view(this is just an example).

alltracman78

alltrac4life":19vjnwd7 said:
Did you put an aftermarket coil on? Also you might have to gap the plugs a little more than stock. Not too much though. I think mine are gapped to .38 or so.
No, I've got the stock coil, and plugs are gapped at .035.
My tach is funny below 2g also. Something to do with the MSD using the tach sig. :shrug: I will figure it out eventually.