JDM folding Mirrors

deecee

Does anyone want these for their cars?
There are currently 3 JDM celicas at the local pick-a-part and i'm happy to collect parts and ship them around the world for a small fee.

Let me know

Cheers
Dave

AvivB

Interesting...
Condition? photos? price for the mirrors? shipping fees to Israel?

Thanks,
Aviv.

deecee

I'm going up to pick a part today to get all the sets and will figure out everything soon. There does seem to be a reasonable amount of interest at this stage, so please be patient and I will get list up pricing as soon as I can :)

deecee

Hi everyone,

Went up to pick a part today and inspected the cars. Out of the 4 cars, there were two good sets of mirrors and controls to be had, so I bought those.
Both sets are grey and have weathered paint.

I will test both sets to ensure that everything is working fine before I offer to the first two people who contacted me about them.
Order is:
sheikhas
alltracshoak
AvivB
klue

I still haven't determined a price yet, but what I will offer is to prime and sand, ready for painting as an extra cost, so two prices will be available.

Once I ensure that these are all working, then I will repost with firm pricing ex shipping.

zero06 - we are right hand drive in New Zealand. Not sure if the glass will fit or not.

Cheers
Dave

AvivB

DeeCee":3ldn1rin said:
zero06 - we are right hand drive in New Zealand. Not sure if the glass will fit or not.

Oops, missed that info, it will probably will not fit for me too... Israel is LHD... :(

AvivB

I don't know...
With my current mirrors (ST182 European spec), there is no difference between the left and right mirrors view or size but I have no idea what goes on in Japan or New Zealand.
Shipping and importing it to Israel will cost quite a lot so I don't think I want to risk... :(

deecee

The mirrors are non magnified.
I was doing some searching previous on these boards about the mirrors, and apparently they are angled slightly to the right hand side. Then again, I imagine with the mirror control you can angle as you wish anyway. Though one person took parts from his old mirrors and made them work for LHD cars.

Really busy putting a system in a Jag at the mo (supercharged V8 hmmmmm). This will have to wait till next weekend before I can find time to wire up and test.
Thanks for your patience.

GMan

I had a set of JDM mirrors on my USDM-LHD car. Looked pretty good.
I never got the folding wired up though.

They do work for basic driving. Just not optimized.
The US mirrors the the 'funhouse' glass makes it easier for the driver IMHO. YMMV
I went back to my USDM, started looking for Euro LHD.
(Already resold my set:)

Good luck your the sale either way .

Regards;

zero06

i have powerfolds with rhd glasss in them on my lhd car right now.
the glass is bent sooo i can barelly see what i need to with them adjusted all the way to opposing sides. i need the lhd glass for mirrors with the powerfold shape. as all celicas here in the states have mirrors with a slightly different shape. thanks for answering me at least, ill find em somewhere.

Droptop93

The glas shape is the same *
Check the uk ebay. The non power folding mirrors there are lhd you can get them and take the mirror part out and put them in the power folding ones you have.

deecee

Okay folks, I have tested out the units and have decided on final pricing.
$100 per set ex shipping and as I can't be bothered priming etc, I am removing that option availability. I am assuming that most people will be able to sand and prime to the colour of their own car.
What you get:

1x LH Folding mirror
1x RH Folding mirror
1x Mirror Control Module
1x Switch

All wired up in working order, ready to apply positive and negative for your own testing at home. It is the purchaser job to extend wiring as required. I recommend a 15A fuse on the power.

This is the list of people who will be offered the sets as in order of contact:
sheikhas
klue
MixMaster

minus alltracshoak and AvivB who pulled out.

PM's coming your way soon with freight estimate as well. Paypal accepted unless you want to use credit card which will incur a 3% surcharge.

As you can see, I did a little work to get everything up and running. I used this thread to establish the wiring: Link

JDM_Mirrors_01_small.jpg

I also found out that the there are no differences between the mirror control relay modules 87989-20020 and 87989-20030. Both work the same as shown in the video.

Set A: More weathered paint of the two sets, but does come with mirror heater wiring. I only know that white/black stripe is ground, so its up to the purchaser to figure out the heated mirrors wiring. Uses 87989-20030 module.

Set B: I had a spare LH mirror, so used that to make up the set. It has better paint and the relay control plug does not have the correct wiring code as per the diagram in the thread link. I have provided another wiring diagram with colour codes and as said previously, the set is already prewired to test with postive and negative. Uses 87989-20020.

JDMMirrorControlRelayWiring.jpg

While I am here, there are some other bits and bobs to show in working order:

Spare Switch Working

Supra Switch Working (which incidently is the same as the celica switch).

Dups90gt

shoots and I just bought a set of non folding ones a few weeks ago, wish i saw this then. How can you tell if the mirrors are folding or non folding if it doesn't come with the module and switch? does it click (like your forcing gears) when you force the mirrors to fold by hand or does it just slide normally? My plugs look identical to yours and the mirrors are heavy. would you know what wire controls the retract and extend on the mirror harness and what voltage it uses?