Switch to full style
Proposed and organized group buys
Forum rules
Topic locked

What parts would you like to have a group by for?

cusco camber plates
5%
walbro 255lph fuel pump kit
5%
tein coilovers
20%
AEM wideband
15%
VIS CF hoods
10%
Boost controller (manual or electronic)
2%
wheel spacers
15%
engine mounts race
5%
rear diff kits race
12%
BOLT in/ WELD in ROLL CAGE
12%

Total votes : 41

Group Buy Poll - Feb, 2012

Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:45 pm

Its almost March so lets run a poll and see what parts have enough interested people for a group buy.

Anything not on the poll just ask
Members don't see the above ad. Register now
Last edited by pwadm on Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: title changed - new poll created

Re: GI: next group buy

Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:55 pm

What gen hood are you looking at though?

Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:01 pm

There are a few things there I would be interested in :P. I'm broke right now but im hoping my summer job lines up for late april, and then I'll be ready to buy lots of things haha.
Wideband sounds good. CF hoods weren't on my list of things but possibly.. wheel spacers, fuel pump kits.. i may just run out of money this summer yet hahaha

Brad

Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:36 pm

is there any group buys on st165 downpipes or a pillar pods?

Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:15 pm

Swaybars?

Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:39 pm

I will be looking in a suspension in the near future, so I vote for Tein Coilovers.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:42 pm

I voted wheel spacers. They are relatively cheap enough to run a group buy on, and we know about 90% of us could use them lol.

Bryan

Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:52 pm

Next up on my to buy list are control arm bushings so the car doesnt wobble left and right whenever I get on or off the gas :P

If there was a GB on strut tower bars Id be interested if money permits and the deal is good.

GI: next group buy

Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:55 pm

Poly motor mount inserts are on my list. And alot more haha. I'd be interested in the spares if the price is right at the right time.

Gasket kits for rebuild would be cool, new carpet?... Rear diff mounts, bushings for the rear suspension.

Things like that I'd be interested jn

Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:02 pm

spacers so us st184 guys can in this too :D

Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:13 am

I agree exactly with what boo guy said! both bushings and strut braces would be nice

Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:45 am

I am buying a carbon fiber hood, however I have heard too many problems with the Seibon. I am specifically speaking of their CS knock-off with the vent in the wrong location. If it was a VIS unit, I would be all over it (if the price is right). I vote for the walbro kit... again if the price is right.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:25 am

lots of response! good stuff!

Seibon offers hoods for the 5th gen, both OEM look, alltrac look and CS look

Jonah for the st165 we can run a group buy on KO racing pipes as Kris is great to deal with on this. I guess I could contact Lotek about the pods too but the one i got I was not impressed with the fit.

Landon,booguy - Just finished up a GB on swaybars, strutbars, and bushings. Check out the thread and send me a PM

Wheel spacers shouldnt be to hard to do, whats everyone looking at 25mm bolt on? personally I would prefer to go the extended stud route

celiGTS I am very interested in doing another run of the rear diff kits(and subframe bushings) with the engine mounts to match. I have had a few people contact me about this recently. Carpets we can get, and cometic has pretty good gasket ktis all great options

Lets keep this going for a few days and see what the results are keep it coming guys

Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:50 am

Tiens or engine mounts and I'm in for sure.

edit: just saw the bit about rear diff kit and I am DEFINITELY in for that.
Last edited by underscore on Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:03 am

klue wrote:lots of response! good stuff!

Seibon offers hoods for the 5th gen, both OEM look, alltrac look and CS look

Lets keep this going for a few days and see what the results are keep it coming guys

I agree "CS Look" When they made the prototype mold, they didn't use a CS hood as a plug, and molded one themselves. They got the proportions wrong with the vent in the wrong location.

Here's a thread about it: http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=34319

When using the Seibon CS Hoods, people have had interference with the hood with CS/205 air/water intercoolers.

The owner of VIS is a All trac enthusiast, and used actual OEM hoods for the plugs, and thus are pretty accurate. They also offer Standard, All Trac, and CS versions as well. As I said, if it were a group buy for VIS carbon fiber hoods, I would be all in.

So I'm looking at Walbro pump.
Last edited by temperacerguy on Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Topic locked