Group Buy Poll - Feb, 2012

What parts would you like to have a group by for?

• cusco camber plates

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • walbro 255lph fuel pump kit

• tein coilovers

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • AEM wideband

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • VIS CF hoods

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Boost controller (manual or electronic)

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • wheel spacers

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • engine mounts race

• BOLT in/ WELD in ROLL CAGE

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • rear diff kits race

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

toayoztan

As for the cages, I'll let you guys figure that out and I'm in if it can be shipped in pieces for me to weld up (shipping will be easier than a whole cage!).

As for the DS, i'm also in on that if we can get enough people going. I'll be willing to wait to gather enough people for a GB if the interest is there.

Klue: ACPT driveshaft, st165 CF hood, st165 roll cage
ALLensTRAC: ACPT driveshaft,4-6 point weld in cage DOM,VIS CS hood
toayoztan: ACPT driveshaft // ST185 6 point weld in cage

Bryan

Spectra1

spectra1: ACPT driveshaft, VIS hood

GT4times2

klue":1wemjdkv said:
Hey guys,
moving on : raceland. I checked out the site briefly and its the usual stuff there. I like the fact that they sell direct, but that also makes it harder to gauge how many people have issues. I can easily ask one of my supplier, how many times does someone whine about a Tein VS megan(just examples) and how many units do you sell ETC. Sure this is an option but would probably take quite a bit of lead time to get things rolling

Klue,

I did my research on different forums after people tried/installed them on Subarus, BMWs, Hondas, SCion TCs etc. I'd say it's worth a shot to give them a try. Let me know if I can be of any assistance. Consider it.

Thanks,

concealer404

GT4times2":14d0qyzz said:
Hey Klue,

I've been doing some reading on the Raceland coil overs, and I see many good reviews on them. Would you be interested in promoting something for the ST165 and ST185 cars? They make kits for quite a few cars, and it would be nice to add the Celicas to the mix. Do you have any pull to make that happen? I saw a thread on the 6GC.net site about getting on board for a kit for the 6th Gen. Could you do that? They're already affordable, and I know many Alltrac guys would show some sort of interest.

http://www.racelandus.com/

I'd be interested in any kinds of bushings as well, subframe, rear diff mounts/bushings. I will send you a PM on some things I've been working on myself for Alltrac restoration parts with certain companies, etc.

VIS RC hood will seem to be the logical route for my ST185 vs oem RC hood. If they can make one for the ST165, that'll be great. But I'm not going to hold my breath.

You do NOT want Ricelands. If you're wanting something even cheaper than Megan or KSport, i wouldn't go any lower than Yonaka, and even that is pretty iffy.

All the Riceland coilovers run the same shocks/valving, they just change the mounting points to fit each car. The spring rates are universally milquetoast as well.

They're worth looking into if you're wanting nothing more to go low on a budget with no regard to performance. Beyond that, no.

I voted for race engine mounts. And by that i mean billet solid mounts. Would also be interested in VIS CS-style hood.

temperacerguy

OK, spoke to Klue already, so I am just going to mention this, then post a new thread. (So please don't clutter up this thread)

Because I want a hood for myself, and I have a few buddies from my old contacts from when I owned my own shop, I got back in contact with a VIS wholesaler...

Due to the current economy, VIS has lowered their inventory they keep on hand in the US, and alot of their more obscure hoods are made to order now, with limited stock on hand.

Currently there are zero VIS CS hoods in the US. However... If you are willing to pre-order (and pre-pay) for the next shipment (which is due 1st or 2nd week in April), They are willing to offer a price of.

$400 + $145 shipping (in the lower 48US). If you are in So-Cal, they also will offer a pickup for a $25 fee

This is by far the cheapest price I have seen for these hoods.

PM me for contact information.

I am also trying to work out prices for:

5th Gen AT style hood
5th Gen smooth (base OEM) hood
6th Gen smooth (base OEM) hood
7th Gen OEM hood.

I will ask about 4th gen hoods.... but as Klue said "I wouldn't hold my breath"

underscore

question: do the Tien coilovers have camber adjustment, or would you need the Cusco plates as well to do that?

underscore: tein coilovers//engine mounts race//rear diff kits race [ST185]

sMARTINside

underscore: tein coilovers//engine mounts race//rear diff kits race [ST185]
sMARTINside: ACPT driveshaft, Tein coilovers (ST185)

concealer404

klue":357ldhaj said:
Concealer why do you want billet mounts?
I want to see your project!!!

Mainly because there's no good aftermarket mounts on the market. There's inserts. I don't believe in inserts. I can fill them myself, but that doesn't really get what i'm after.

I want NO motor movement.

I may have worded what i wanted strangely. I want solid mounts with different duro options to make everyone happy.

Think Hasport or Innovative mounts for Hondas. That's what i'm looking for. I guess what i said previously made it sound like i just wanted metal mounts. :lol: That's not what i want... that makes knock detection a nightmare. :p

My project is mainly just plans at this point. And a somewhat modded 92 GT Hatch. And a 3sgte with bad bearings. I'm looking for a full Time Trials/Hillclimb build out of this one, though. I'll create a thread for the project (not a celica) i'm attempting to wrap up over the next two months which might give you an idea of what i'm trying to do.

This is somewhat the mounts i'm looking for.... but think more machined metal, more bling, less hand welds (unless they look nicer), and less paint, more anodizing or powdercoating. I had these custom made for the other project. These are 98 durometer.

IMGP4291.jpg

But this is what i'm really after:

Innovative%20Mounts%20%2796-%2700%20Civic%20Billet%20Mount%20Kit%20(BD-Series%20Hydro)%20Large.jpg

klue

Ok, that my friend is FAR from a solid mount. Those are polyurethane only the bracket is billet. On our cars their is no benefit from building an entire mount as the OEM ones are more than strong enough. The problem is in the insert itself. I make Delrin mounts for customers looking for something solid. I have also cut solid billet mounts for race only cars. The delrin ones I use in my track car and they are great! This is something we can produce for you and the forum

concealer404

Yep, glad i got pictures up of what i was looking for. :p I've always seen "solid mounts" defined as mounts with no voids in them, like the ones posted above. I've done "welded" and full metal mounts before. Not something i want to try again unless it's with a motor that runs smoother than your average sewing machine.

I'd be interested in full delrin mounts. I vote for a group buy for those, then. :)

toayoztan

Speed source has poly mounts. You cut out the old rubber, then the new bushings and sleeve go into the metal housing, like most of your typical bushings for suspension parts.

I'm not sure how much interest will be generated for delrin mounts as the speed source mounts already create considerable vibration/noise in the cabin from what I've heard, if my memory serves me right. I guess I'll find out when I get my car up and running.

Bryan

klue

Who ran the last ACPT carbon shaft buy?

Based on the interest here I think we could successfully run a fuel pump, Tein, ACPT shaft, and may rear diff kit? Im going to go down to the machinist this week and have a talking with him

ALLensTRAC

I looked at the thread in the Drivetrain section and it looks as though sifu hosted it. The first one was made for Pats car and I think Jonstew had a hand in it. I hope we can get this one together cuz it is something that we may not be able to get again. Mounts and pumps are relatively easy to source but a bolt in carbon driveshaft? I think Corey Darling had got a hold of them so maybe you could PM him and see if he has the contact info for who he spoke to at ACPT.
Allen

ALLensTRAC

It clears a 3.5 inch exhaust in Pats car so I think it will clear just fine. I think the closest place it was near was the carrier bearing mounting area in the tunnel.

celigts

Woop I'm gonna be very interested in the diff mounts and tein coilovers but will only have cash for the mounts.

Curiosity could take me a long way tho ;)

toayoztan

Aside from the TeinSS, what else does it look like we can get started?

I still say CF DS would be nice and maybe some wheel spacers and roll cage.

Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.