Reproduction Aluminum Fuel Tank

fhalperformance

As promised I am here to update. Below are some pictures of what I am running right now. Its just the prototype and as such the tank is not ready. It doesnt have any provision for fuel slosh around the pickup as of yet but with only 5 gallons in it/hard cornering I have no issues to report. Havent put alot of miles on it or ran it very low on fuel as the filler neck is not finished 100 percent. The fabricator could not figure out how to fit a lock ring so I will have to redo everything but it is working as expected.

-installed on car

-it has quick disconnect plastic lines running to the filler neck. It has a 0-95 ohm sensor that I have flipped so it reads correctly just may need a 20 ohm resistor to be as close to the factory one as it can get (my factory one measured 18 ohms to 132 ohms)

-temp filler neck

fhalperformance

I have not weighted it. It isnt nearly as heavy as the oem tank. The drivers side tank strap fits almost perfectly and the passenger side one is a little loose so I have yet to see what I need to do there. Its solidly in place so far but I have some more to do on the car before I can keep running it. I will be making a new tank as soon as I get caught up on some bills that is exactly what I envisioned for a reproduction. The tank seems to hang down a little lower then the rear subframe and I need to see why that is exactly. I dont recall if the stock tank hung any lower then the subframe if anyone has that information or pictures.

N8wrx

Im curious how the tank is going? Im still looking for an option as replacement OEM tanks are not really around often.