Akebono pads question

lalojamesliz1

I bought some akebono isd356 pads and just received them. They don't have the slot in the middle of the friction side?
The back of the pads say : AK NS140 GG
Anyone ever use these type of pads?
I'm just wondering if I should just get something else for street driving. I ususallyget akebono act pads for my cars

yyonline

The Toyota pads (made by NBK) don't have a slot either. I wouldn't worry about it. Akebono usually makes pretty decent stuff.

The slot in brake pads is there for 3 reasons, flexibility, venting, and cooling. For an everyday street pad I don't really see a need for slots in the pad. If You were driving hard, ie. Autocross or track I would say it would be helpful but it's not something that's necessary for a dd.

lalojamesliz1

Mr Alltrac":3sug0vta said:
The slot in brake pads is there for 3 reasons, flexibility, venting, and cooling. For an everyday street pad I don't really see a need for slots in the pad. If You were driving hard, ie. Autocross or track I would say it would be helpful but it's not something that's necessary for a dd.

Yeah, I always thought it was for cooling and to reduce the dance of brake fade. After some more searching i found these pads are GG rated and that's supposed to be good. My current pads are almost done but not yet so ill just store these away for a while. Thanks guys