Small big problem

819_ay

So I'm in the process of removing the rear arms to replace the bushings and well in the process this happened(see photo) . In order to drill it out, I need to drop the gas tank, which I'd rather not do at this point. My other option is to either cut the bolt through the bushing towards the front of the car, and then I don't know what to do to get the rest out lol, or I cut throught the middle of the bushing(destroying the arm) to remove the arm leaving me some bolt to weld on a bolt to remove the rest... I'm hoping this happened to some one and can help me out... Not entirely sure my options are good but that's what I can think of at the moment! Thank you
b24bff1717351e5d990a368960d499a8.jpg

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

FC Zach

Spray the other side with a good penetrating oil, cut a slot in the bolt with a Dremel, heat threaded end, and try rotating bolt with a flathead bit and wrench. And wish for best lol

Edit: by bit, I mean at least a 5/16 hex bit like one used with an impact driver which is available at most auto parts stores in the tool section and if you already own the driver then you can use the adapter with a ratchet. . .
41x3-8vqEUL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

or you could use a socket like this, you'd probably be able to get more torque on the bolt this route. .
Z_y6xvfo5oy.JPG

underscore

You could try welding a nut onto the remains of the bolt (weld the inside of the nut, be careful not to get the chassis or light the bushing on fire). It may have seized in the sleeve in the bushing, in which case you'd need to cut it off on the other side of the arm and then do the same thing. On the plus side the heat from the welder might help break it free.

FC Zach

underscore":315ej4xm said:
You could try welding a nut onto the remains of the bolt (weld the inside of the nut, be careful not to get the chassis or light the bushing on fire). It may have seized in the sleeve in the bushing, in which case you'd need to cut it off on the other side of the arm and then do the same thing. On the plus side the heat from the welder might help break it free.

I think this is the best option assuming a welder is handy and all goes as planned.

819_ay

Fc Zach that's A good idea I'll try that

Underscore the bolt broke flush to the bushing, so I can't weld à bolt to it... I was thinking of cutting and try to weld a bolt to it, or try FC Zach's idea!

Thanks guy!

The joys of owning a 27 year old car!

819_ay

I got the bitch out... Destroyed the arm, but that's fine! I've got another one laying around lol!
23dcda0c650f9a259f0186bd906fd995.jpg

819_ay

Cut down the middle of the bushing, removed the arm and bushing! Put a lot heat to the nut inside the subframe, put a pair of vise grips real tight! And turned.... If only it was as easy as it sounds lol!!! Would have been easier/quicker if I had some good sawzall blades, had to use sawzall and cutting wheel mix! Anyways got it off! I've got spares so it okay lol, I'm buying all new bolts for the rear anyways, so it's okay!

819_ay

Now my other problem is removing the toe adjustment sleeve, probably going to have to cut that as well lol

underscore

If you haven't tried them before, get "The Torch" blades from Milwaukee. They're a bit pricier but they work extremely well.

819_ay

underscore":xrmfvj9u said:
If you haven't tried them before, get "The Torch" blades from Milwaukee. They're a bit pricier but they work extremely well.
Will definitely check that out thank you