17x9" Sportmax 050 wheels ....

gtfour77

The weight of the rim should be between 20 and 21 lb...the tire weighs 11 lb...very light since it's a hoosier race tire. I might actually go to the post office and weigh the rim...just in case...I'll keep you posted tomorrow. The bimmer willbe done tomorrow..hopefully. Did I mention I hatebodywork??? And to make the matters worse, I hit the same corner again. (The car had some damage when I bought it..... ):doh:

gtfour77

Well, as it is right now, I need to either get 1/2 inch spacers or 15mm spacers with studs on them from H&R.... untill then I can;t really do anything. And no, I didn't get a chance to run to the post pffice to weigh the rims....(too many things going on before tire mounting) ...but I know the tires are 11lb so I can weigh the whole thing and substract 11lb.... I am going to try to do that this week... :wink:
Any good sources for 1/2 spacers? or 15mm spacers with extra studs???

CMS-GT4

Plus when it gets dark so early it seems like you hae much less time to work with.

I still have not had time to finish measuring my hub conversion project.

gtfour77

Very true...dark and cold.....one doesn't really feel like being in the garage...lol (Getting a heater very soon, so that will not matter any more... :D )
Oh yeah, the hub conversion, I am still curious, there is a V6 camry at a junk yard near me, thought about snagging the hubs from it....I do need new front wheel bearings and I think my right hub is pretty much gone...so this would be a nice alternative if it'll work...

CMS-GT4

I have been looking for my heater, that has kept me from being productive. When I tear into the car, I will go barrow a hub puller and compare the two. I have a feeling it might change the offset, but it may also mean that supra brakes will bolt right up, less the caliper bracket.

gtfour77

Change offset? Do you think it'll bring it out more???? That would be fantastic...;) And you know for sure the Alltrac axle will fit on the camry hub right???

CMS-GT4

Well, I am working on that. But I will keep you posted.

The only reason I think that is the camry hub is so simular to the supra hub, and the supra brakes need a spacer to work on the alltrac. Its only speculation. Guess we will know when we measure.

Toxygene

So if I was going to have custom wheels made to fit PERFECTLY on the Alltrac.. that would be:

17x9 maybe even 18x9 with a 30 offset in front and

17x9 maybe even 18x9 with a 13 offset in rear ????

CMS-GT4

I calculated something in the range of 17x9 30et front, and 17x9 5et rear. Maybe an even higher rear offset depending if your comparing to the spacer or not.

I would never concider 18s that big just for the sake of having to run a very short profile. I think you would still rub the hell out of it.

On another note, any updates?

Toxygene

Well the front we all seem to agree should be 30et for an ideal setup but for the rear I calculated a different amount. I took the 38 offset and then subtracted 25.4 (The 1 inch spacer converted to mm) to get 12.6 which I rounded off to 13. From the pictures it looks perfect. How did you calculate 5. Did I screw up in my calculations?

As for the tire profile, I don't know about how thin I'd have to make the tire but toyo does make a tire that will fit and that they even suggest for 18 inch rims on our car.

Where do you think I would rub though if I still chose the 18s? I like the size of 17s that gtfour77 is using but I think that if I could get away with 18x9's then, I'd like to try. I've also heard that people have been able to fit up to 10 inch wide wheels in the back but I wouldn't do that as I have also hear that that will do bad things to the AWD system as well. Do you think it would rub more then in the front with the 18x9s?

CMS-GT4

I might look at 18x8 just for the sake of rubbing. It may fit, but I know that the 17x9 w/40 profile can't be lowered too much.

So I would imagine that a 18" wheel is going to add to the difficulty.

My 5 offset is from a 30 et wheel and subtracting the 25mm spacer. Which I guess would be 25.4. The The rear track with a 1" spacer is 10mm wider on both sides than the front. So if you want to keep things close you could go with a 15 et.

Toxygene

See well there is the dilema, I want to have a wheel made where I don't have to use a spacer. So I'd like to be sure about the rear offset so I don't end up wasting money on a nice set of custom made rims that don't fit well.

So since there is room to play in the rear with going with a 9 inch wide wheel where some people have fit a 10 inch wide one means that there should be room to adjust things. I'd imagine that the front is where things get tight from going with an 18x9 inch wheel.

Even if I go with 17s, I'd still like to get it so where the edge of the rim is perfectly flush with the fender or just slightly inside.

CMS-GT4

What about finding a 17x9 wheel up front and a 18x9 for the rear. As long as you get the tires to be the exact same height, you should be ok.

245/40/17 F 245/35/18 R.

The difference is .17%. Its pretty minimal. Not sure if it will shorten your life of the center diff or not. Wonder if less pressure in the rear may affect the height on a tire with such a short/stiff sidewall.

Toxygene

Well, I'd prefer to make some things economical like being able to rotate the tires between the front and rear rims. Too much to worry about if the rims are bigger in the back. I mean if it's really that much harder to put 18x9s all the way around then I'd rather just put the 17x9s all the way around. But I'd still like to figure out what offset the rears would have to be to have them either perfectly flush with the rear fender or just a few millimeters in with the inside of the fender rolled. Without having to use a spacer.