17x9" Sportmax 050 wheels ....

turbo4wd

CMS-GT4":1ed0yoh0 said:
Its raining, but I will try and get them on tonight. Might not get pics till the morning.

ooh damn, I just checked the weather, theres a huge storm system thats moving thru your area.. I havent been outside of the office today, but looking out the window, it looks like crap..

still if you get them on tonight, i'm sure everyone will want to see them :wink:

CMS-GT4

I will take better pics thrusday. Its nasty outside.

To compare the old and new tires/wheels width
img1153pa0.jpg

Before
img1146mv5.jpg

After
img1154am9.jpg

Before
img1156wj7.jpg

After
img1157eb1.jpg

CMS-GT4

The paint job was horrible. My red was as good as your till the repaint. Biggest mistake I made with the car. I am going to get the whole thing repainted in the near future.

CMS-GT4

255/40/17. If I went with an even wider tire I would have had to pull the fender plastic.

Here is a few daytime pics. The bumper and lenses will not be fully secured till I make my intercooler radiator bracket.

Before
img1150ty3.jpg

After
img1160xf7.jpg

Here is a shot of the whole car. The front needs to be lowered just a little.
img1159br9.jpg

sikx5

Very nice mate!!

Sard MIG ? Cusco Brace? Tein SS/HA ?

Some nice toys there, but no way i could live with that paint. It would drive me insane!!

CMS-GT4

sikx5":3r7ob2hh said:
Very nice mate!!

Sard MIG ? Cusco Brace? Tein SS/HA ?

Some nice toys there, but no way i could live with that paint. It would drive me insane!!

Paint drives me insane as well. It looked good for a while, but a poor job was done. I hope to get it repainted early next year.

3rd gen swap, Tein HAs, cusco underbrace, whiteline sways and strut bars, mario solid rear mount, and hopefully some caster bushings very soon.

gtfour77":3r7ob2hh said:
Nice wheels Josh!!! Glad you put them on finally... Does that mean your trac is running??? How was the meet?
One alltrac came. Mine was running, but I still needed to make an intake and fix code 54. Fixed the code now, I am just waiting on the intake. its been running for two weeks. I have driven it very short distances. As soon as I fix the intake I can take it on the road.

gtfour77

Great!!! Hopefully bunch of us will be able to get together sometime in spring....maybe April or May? Or we can plan another meet and autocross at BeaveRun....if Chris can organize another one...

SuperWhite92

Ah, it was you who had the Sard Arouse MIG!

I remember seeing it all the time on the old board and It was bugging the hell out of me trying to figure out who it was.

CMS-GT4

Here is a pic to give you an idea of the fender clearance.
After the swap is comepletely done, all I am doing for a long while is alignment, installing my performance parts and new paint job. Then I just want to enjoy and learn the car for a while.

BTW: This tire combo is much larger than a 185 rolling dia. but not all that much larger than the st205s. So compared to a 205, the performance should be decent. Plus I have some nice things to really up the power very soon.

st185
205/40-17 3.2in 11.7in 23.5in 73.7in 860 0.0%
255/40-17 4.0in 12.5in 25.0in 78.6in 806 6.7%

st205
215/50-16 4.2in 12.2in 24.5in 76.9in 824 0.0%
255/40-17 4.0in 12.5in 25.0in 78.6in 806 2.3%

25mm spacer on the rear, none on the front.

I had a 8mm on the front, but could not get it to bolt down tight enough. It still fit though. I will most likely install the space when I get some longer front studs.

img3746vf9.jpg

img3744vl1.jpg

img3743zp2.jpg

CMS-GT4

I have not been able to take it further than 50' (No proper intake). I am wiating on an intake to be made. My matrials are still on their way. I will give a full driving report very soon.

I will most likely have to roll the rear fenders.

turbo4wd

Gary":3lhiwde1 said:
Do they rub the fender/quarter panel when drive hard?

Most likely, there will be rubbing whenever the rear struts compress. I experience that with my own Tein setup and my car appears to be sitting higher up than in the pics. Normal driving should be fine. I'm not sure about the fronts, but they should react in a similar fashion..

And for reference my rears have been dialed in on the stiffer end of the spectrum..

CMS-GT4

But are you HAs or SS? I have very little movement with the HAs on a stiff setting. I think I am going to rig up an intake saturday cause its killing me not to try out the car.