Specs on wilwoods caliper brackets

Zeus

lee was asking me when he still had his... and he sent me over a diagram of the calipers... otherwise contact rocket off road

CMS-GT4

robert@alltrac.net":1y0n8ku0 said:
You want something similar to Dennis Heath's setup?

CNC Aluminum I believe.

Sure. I just need something stong that will bolt up the calipers on a 12" rotor. I like th idea of light alum. as long as it is stong enough. Do you have anything like that in stock? :wink:

Zeus

chris_dittrick":2zgshmb1 said:
fyi Dennis has since removed the Wilwood's since he is not impressed with the performance. Check out his site for info.

he has the same size i have... i took the pn off of his page (was kinda mad he would have the pn up there if he new they were too big) they seem to be too big for the mc and are very mushy... i think with a larger mc which i havent gotten around to do yet they will brake very hard!!

alltrac.net

They will with an adapter. Dennis heath had a JDM 90 ST185 with brakes like the ST165. The bracket he made would have actually fit on the ST165.

the911s

If someone wants to subsidize this research, I will develop a brake adapter for the ST165 and/or ST185. I will design it on professional software, run finite element analysis on it, and produce drawings for an adapter anyone can make. The problem is, I don't have the cash for the parts. So if yall wanna get together and help me pay for the Willwood kit, I will give you an awesome adapter drawing that is easy to make on common machine tools.

If this doesn't sound good to you, let's work something out. I think this could really help the Alltrac community.

935motorsports

How will you test fit the bracket? Do you have a spare hub assembly? If I made an adapter out of steel, could you make drawings for it that would make sense to a CNC machinist?

the911s

Well... I would have to take my car apart to test fit the bracket. Which would be fine, because I will have to take my car apart anyways as soon as I am done working for the summer, when I do a bunch of maintenence on the car.

I have experience getting parts made, so yes, I can made a drawing that will make sense to a machinist.

the911s

MA70? Not sure what that is... if you are interested in getting some drawings made, lemme know by email. We can work something out. Just wanna know what the deal is before say I will help out. I am not sure I'd wanna make drawings and such for brakes I either don't have or am not interested in getting for this car.

starfighter2

i am curious about a big brake conversion for st165. my concern if using MA70 or JZA80 brakes is how much heavier are those brakes and how are they going to align with the stock location of the caliper and rotor. :shrug: