The ST185 wheel size thread (offsets, widths, etc)

CMS-GT4

F 18x8 +30 w/ 225/35-18 Toyo Proxes TR1
R 18x9 +15 w/245/35-18 " " "

So 9" wide and 15et fits pretty well. Looks like my estimate of a 12 et might work as well.

dressshoes2small.jpg

pats_roof_9.jpg

gt4rcdude

turbo4wd":2046j4yn said:
Yeah those have been up there on the site for a while - one of the wheels has a nasty rash on one third of the lip..

I had a set of Nankang tires once. I wouldn't put them on my lawnmower. The sidewall was so soft you could push the car 2 inches side to side in the driveway.

gt4rcdude

pg":1x8ex28b said:
http://www.1010tires.com/wheel.asp?wheelbrand=Kobe&wheelmodel=Ignite+%2D+Black

This is one of the styles that I liked but they only come in 17x7 40 offset.
Could I run these without spacers for now and if not what spacers will I need for the rear? Hopefuly it will be ok in the front without any. I'm thinking 215/40 tires
I have a stock suspension AT.

They'll work. 25mm H&R spacer in the rear.

pg

gt4rcdude":1frvclo8 said:
pg":1frvclo8 said:

Could I run these without spacers for now and if not what spacers will I need for the rear? Hopefuly it will be ok in the front without any. I'm thinking 215/40 tires

They'll work. 25mm H&R spacer in the rear.

Anyone work needed for the front?

turbo4wd

pg":1raekc6u said:

You wont need to run hub adapters at all. In either the front or rear.

With that said...

At that width / offset, you could run a 1" (or 24mm) hub adapter on BOTH the front and rear to make it look aggressive and you shouldn't encounter any rubbing issues, especially if you're at the stock ride height.

Toxygene

turbo4wd":27a3rsn9 said:
pg":27a3rsn9 said:

You wont need to run hub adapters at all. In either the front or rear.

With that said...

At that width / offset, you could run a 1" (or 24mm) hub adapter on BOTH the front and rear to make it look aggressive and you shouldn't encounter any rubbing issues, especially if you're at the stock ride height.

What kind of tolerances do you think he'll have between the backside of his rim and the suspension?

pg

I don't mind buying the spacers to make it look better. 25s won't be too much you think.
And if front doesn't have any will it look and perform alright?

turbo4wd

What kind of tolerances do you think he'll have between the backside of his rim and the suspension?

Pat runs a 18x9 +15 in the rear with no spacers or clearance issues. a 17x7 +40 wheel has exactly the same amount of clearance from the inside of the wheel to the strut.

I run a 17x7.5 +48 wheel in the front with no spacers or clearance issues. a 17x7 +40 has much more clearance available between the inside of the wheel to strut.

If you add a 1in (24mm) hub adapter to both front and rear he'll be fine because he won't come out as far in the rear as Pat's 9" wheels. The widest we've seen come out in the front and still work is the 17x9 +38 sportmax wheels which Stephen runs with no spacers in front. 17x7 +40 with a 1" spacer comes below that so it would also work.

If I were to get 17x7 +40, I'd run 1" hub adapters in both front and rear..

turbo4wd

CMS-GT4":22gcx794 said:

Ahhhh damn.. those take me back.. way back.. They're VERY similar to the original Racing Hart C2 3-piece wheels, but not quite the same.. Below are the real deals on 1 of the 2 cleanest So Cal MKIIIs I've ever seen in my life.... (the other being Mike Urbano's.. RIP)

Racing Hart discontinued these badboys about 10 years ago, after which they released an "evo" 1-piece version afterward.. If you get lucky, you may be able to find a set of 18x8's floating around for sale - RH made them in 5x100..

MKIIIb.jpg

MKIIIa.jpg