The ST165 wheel size thread (offsets, widths, etc)

6strngs

btw, a little update. I put new front shocks on because mine were terrible and it gave those 17x8 ET35 wheels a bit more clearance. then I test fitted one in the rear. it was nearly flush in the rear but hit the shock tower slightly. actually, it wasn't the wheel hitting it, it was the sidewall of the tire which extends 2-3 mm over the edge of the rim. It wouldv'e fit with a 5mm spacer. would've made it really flush too, but it still stuck out in the front and I didn't want to spend money on a spacer and extended studs just to fit wheels which don't fit very good anyway.

now I've got some 15x6 ET45 rims which are very sucked in, but they look cool, so they're a temporary thing for me. but, no rubbing whatsoever with a 205/50/15 tire.

88st165

quonzilla":2ynbo193 said:
iam interested in TRD too but i hear theres no drop in those springs..

i have the trd springs (green) on my black 165 and they are lower than my intrax springs that are on my red 165. the trd drop looks better imo, especially in the rear. maybe there are other trd springs that dont lower the car as much?

88st165

Bill Strong":3oewn9nm said:
stock suspension - will 225 50 15 fit and what wheel offset using 15x7 or 15x7.5?

i am running 15x7 (+38) team dynamics 1.2s with 225/50/15.

they look great in the rear as they sort of fill out the fenders w/o using spacers. the fronts will rub a tiny bit if lowered. i tried this wheel and tire combo on my red 165 with 15mm spacers in the rear and it looks awsome and so agressive but they would rub on the fenders really bad.

aubeone

Here in Central ON we almost certainly require 2 set of wheels. My winters are the stock wheel, but my summers are 17x8 with 205/40's along side Intrax lowering springs. Of course I am yet to get the car running (drivetrain installation pending), but as soon as the front is weighted I'll snap a few pics of the front with the new springs vs the stock rear.

Rick89GTS

I love this rally rim style look. Is there actually a trim ring fitted or is it just the black paint and natural?

alltracside.jpg

Toxygene

aubeone":j1a9jyjn said:
Here in Central ON we almost certainly require 2 set of wheels. My winters are the stock wheel, but my summers are 17x8 with 205/40's along side Intrax lowering springs. Of course I am yet to get the car running (drivetrain installation pending), but as soon as the front is weighted I'll snap a few pics of the front with the new springs vs the stock rear.

Do you have any specs on the wheel offset of those 17x8 wheels?

GT4165

I want to put these wheels on my 165
wheels.jpg

Just wondering if anyone else has dont it, there 205/50/16 and i want to put 215's on them think itll work?

GT4165

yeah pics please, im in the process of getting mine sprayed, plack spokes with the lip polished up, its hard to find good looking 16" wheels these days and i took a fancy to those, plus they are cheap cause most wrx drivers put fully sick 20" chromies on their cars :p

All-Trac Dude08

The rears are height adjustable and I believe the fronts are stock. They fit good, don't rub against anything, except the back ones of course since they have a spacer on.

GT4165

hmm ill have to test fit them and get someone to make spacers, cause i want the car as low as your sig car (far right