The ST165 wheel size thread (offsets, widths, etc)

Toxygene

So what's the widest wheels that will fit on an ST165 with minimal modifications to the fenders?

Also, what is the perfect offset for the wheels to fit flush?

gpmarzan

I have 16x7 +38 offset with 205/50 tires. My front left fender started chewing up the edge of my tire. The fender 'unrolled' itself and it was the end of the sheet metal carving thru my tires when I hit bumps on turns. It might be due to alignment issues, I dont know. The other side doesnt do it. Both sides hit the plastic liner.

Mafix

i'm running 15*7 with a 38 offset
also 16*7 with a 38 offset
both sporting 205 width tires

even with 25mm spacers in the back it doesn't go flush.

88st165

with my 15x7 team dynamics with 38mm + 15mm spacer in the back its damn near flush, looks awsome imo. good for the street but rubs way way too much for autox. i need to get my rear fenders rolled in a bad way.

oops i forgot to mention that im running 225/50s

Toxygene

Hey Guys,

You might want to post up some side angle shots and top down shots of the fender and wheel combo your running. Along with all the specs on the wheels.

Don't forget to include your tire sizes and if your lowered with a camber kit of any kind.

gpmarzan

dsc0002ez0.jpg

dsc0004tn3.jpg

dsc0006mk8.jpg

dsc0007sp8.jpg

Enkei GF1 16x7, 205/50, Intrax springs

stevo27

ill be putting 15x10 on mine i havent figured out how yet but im gonna do it im sure they stick out

Toxygene

That front looks absolutely perfect. The rear looks like you could go with an even smaller offset.

You wouldn't happen to have pictures showing the clearances on the inside of the wheel?

ion_four

I'm currently running TSW Hockenheim's in 17 x 8" :) I'm actually unsure of the offset, and will need to measure. I've inspected them and they don't appear to have it cast in them.

They are a very high offset, I'd say, since I can't even stick my finger between the rim of the wheel and the adjuster sleeve on my coilovers :)

I have no rubbing issues with 215 series tires and the car relatively jacked-up (I need shorter stroke struts, up front. So, everything is raised to maximize travel, for the time being.) I've lowered it at least half an inch, since the pic was taken, BTW.

myalltrac.JPG

gpmarzan

Toxygene":2pixdwh8 said:
That front looks absolutely perfect. The rear looks like you could go with an even smaller offset.

You wouldn't happen to have pictures showing the clearances on the inside of the wheel?

Not at the moment, but I will take some tomorrow.

quonzilla

ill prolly be putty some 205/50/15s on my car...

my shocks are blown.. iam thinking bout upgrading..

i want comfort and a bit lower..

what does everyone sugest?

ive done lots of research... but where can i actually buy these parts.

quonzilla

sorry to be more clear...

iam thining bout getting a spring and strut.. ive heard lots good stuff bout whiteline and eibach..

iam interested in TRD too but i hear theres no drop in those springs..

for struts.. iam thinkin kyb?

thanks for ur help!

WideFNopen

I am running 16x7s 38 offset and 10mm spacers on the back with 225/50 Dunlop Dirrezza Starspecs. They clear the DMS suspension just barley but have had no rub, I also have rolled fenders on all four corners. The only run issue that I have had are on the rear stoneguards rubbing a little bit.

alltracrear-1.jpg

alltracside.jpg

Toxygene

So essentially 16x7 et 38 in front and 16x7 et 28 in rear.

It definitely looks like you could go with at least 8 in the front and possibly with a different offset 8 in the rear as well.

6strngs

I had a set of wheels on my 94 celica and I test fitted one on my ST165 and they were too big. They were a 17x8 ET35 with 225/45/17 tires. They fit, as in, they didn't hit the shock tower and didn't rub on the fender plastic anywhere but it only had about 1/4" clearance between the tire and fender plastic so I knew that they would rub on every little bump in the road and everytime I made a corner. not only that, but they stuck outside the fender slightly by about 10mm or so... but with a lower offset, they might hit the shock tower... so I think 8 is just too wide for the ST165. I'm looking at getting some 15's or 16's either 7 or 7.5" wide, not sure what kind of offsets I should be looking for though. The car is stock ride height right now afaik but I want to lower it later on. I also want at least a 215 or 225 tire on there. and I want some lightweight wheels...