ST205 Shocks into ST185

GT4TOY

Hi,

Just wondering if the ST205 Shocks and springs will fit into a ST185.

There's someone selling ST205 ones (height adjustable) for very cheap, and need to know if they will fit my 185.

Thanks,

alltracman78

The 205 suspension is totally different than the 185. With that said, it is possible the whole suspension[everything] might transfer to the 185 and bolt in. I was considering it at one time, and if I get my hands on a set, I might try it for $hits and giggles.

GT4TOY

sorry, thats what I mean...the whole thing. The part that bolts from the strut tower to the wheel hub, including springs/shocks etc.

Sorry...should have clarified that.

This is a picture of the part I mean (sorry...don't know much about suspension stuff....hence don't know the names...more of an engine person :oops: ).
st205shocks.jpg

Thanks.

InitialD93

i think when he says "whole suspension" he means... hubs, control arms, etc etc... because the superstrut set up doesnt work in place of the stock 185 set up.

but i may be wrong

CMS-GT4

If its not superstrut then its a conversion for non-superstrut or not for a 205. I have heard of 205 guys removing the superstrut system. One guy with a 205 at celica.net claimed he had to rebuild it every 40k. The rears might work easier, but the front has quite a bit to it.