Best way to widen the rear trac

rightrac

whats the best way to bring the wheels out in the rear so they aren't tucked so far under the the rear fender? Is there any draw backs to doing this? basically i just think the rear would look better if the tires were flush with the fenders..

anyone done this? pics?

CMS-GT4

I had some 8mm spacers. It is not advisable to use them, best to stick ones that are hubsentric. That is why most get their from option auto. Best for the cost.

RIalltrac

your options would be gettings rims with the right offsets to bring the rim flush or getting the hubcentric spacers that coldiron was talking about. do a search for H&R spacers, I know option auto has them but others carry them as well. I believe I bought mine straight from H&R. They arent cheap, but if you want things done right price shouldnt matter.

thkohlb

I had mine made since the H&R's were on back order from wheeladapters.com and they are awesome! Wheel and Hub centric. about the same price, but they fit the rims and the car!

InitialD93

Ok i know its been discussed but i would like to know...

when using the 25mm H&R spacers... are you required to roll the rear fenders to prevent rubbing?

Gary

InitialD93":26kjm21i said:

when using the 25mm H&R spacers... are you required to roll the rear fenders to prevent rubbing?
Depend on the size of wheel and tire and how much the car has been lowered. Since you have JIC coilover setup, you shouldn't worry about it.

RIalltrac

I cant come right out and answer your question, but my setup consists of 17x7 rims with +35 offset with 225/45 tires & 25mm H&R spacers in the back with the car dropped about an inch and a half with whiteline springs. I dont have any problems with any type of rubbing in the rear, I get some rubbing on the inner most part of the wheel well up front on hard turns. So for me, no I dont have to roll the fenders, I would imagine if you ran a similar setup you'd be fine, especially with the JIC's

InitialD93

17x7 rims... 215/40/17 tires... and the JICs so im thinking ill be ok... guess its time to order some... i dont get any rub in the front

RIalltrac

I believe my tires are culprit for the rubbing up front 225/45, 45's are bit tall but the roads around here are crap. I need the extra cushion.