Where the heck do you buy DMS suspension?

CodingParadox

All the distributers on their north america list are all subaru racing teams, there don't seem to be any real "stores". So, that begs the question, does anyone have any idea where one actually purchases DMS instead of just drooling over it? :D If you have DMS, where did you get it and how much was it?

CodingParadox

Okay, I see a set of DMS 40mms for an AE92, listed as out of stock, with no description and no price... So how about a little more specific - where can I get it for the ST185? :)

SuperWhite92

Josh is one of few dealers in the nation for DMS. Give Him a Call and he can tell you more about them. The 185 website was recently reworked, so maybe he hasn't added them yet.

illGT4

or ask away. :)

I can find you a few dealers. Depends on your location and what currency you want to abuse that day.

I've got a full review on my website of the DMS 40mm golds.

Before you buy DMS you should talk to me. There are things you need to know such as custom spring rate options, etc....

Peace!

illGT4

CodingParadox":1869vjjw said:
All the distributers on their north america list are all subaru racing teams, there don't seem to be any real "stores". So, that begs the question, does anyone have any idea where one actually purchases DMS instead of just drooling over it? :D If you have DMS, where did you get it and how much was it?

lol.. bro change your name to "everything runs perfect" . :) cooling paradox just isn't working for you. :p

later!

give me a hollar if you need help .. you need to get home asap. :(

illGT4

layzienoy":2eozbcu2 said:
how much would this suspension cost?

Contact Josh at 185performance.com

When I bought mine the aud-usd conversion was good.. prices are up now on everything because the USD is dropping....

illGT4

Gary":yeklzin9 said:
List prices:
$2,299 for 40mm Street
$3,875 for 50mm Rally (Gravel or Tarmac) or Road Race

Nevermind.. got that from dmsnorthamerica.com

I'm thinking about getting another set of 40mm If I keep the ST165.

DMS makes the best suspension I've ever felt. Price is high, but you def. get what you pair for. Perfect blend of comfort and performance.

CodingParadox

Wait, only 2299$? Hm, maybe I should get that instead. I thought the 40mms were 3500$, so I was just going to get teins instead. If they're only 600$ more than the teins + edfc, maybe i'll just do that instead...

Gary

I think Tein is ~$1400. So that's $900 difference. :shrug:
But like Chris said, it should well worth $$.

CodingParadox

Tein is ~1400$, but I was going to get the EDFC. But, given that the DMS is only 900$ more, I'll probably get that. I thought I'd seen prices as 3500$, which is way more than I was willing to spend.

The only disadvantage being that the DMS doesn't come with an on the fly adjuster in-cabin. :) Maybe I can rig one up. The Tein EDFC is just a servo thing anyway, I bet it could be modified to work on the DMS. :)

illGT4

CodingParadox":3qmpf3ih said:
Tein is ~1400$, but I was going to get the EDFC. But, given that the DMS is only 900$ more, I'll probably get that. I thought I'd seen prices as 3500$, which is way more than I was willing to spend.

The only disadvantage being that the DMS doesn't come with an on the fly adjuster in-cabin. :) Maybe I can rig one up. The Tein EDFC is just a servo thing anyway, I bet it could be modified to work on the DMS. :)

I think the 3500$ was in CAD.. As the NA headquarters is in Canada. They have since changed to USD on the website.

There is no disadvantage to running the DMS over the Tein. Once you taste a real suspension system, you'll forgot about all others.

To run the EDFC you must run very thick wires all thoughout the cabin, etc... pain in the butt for a little frill factor in my humble opinion.

It's really not that difficult to adjust the DMS. And I'm not sure why you would be making constanst adjustment while driving. :) I made a few adjustments in the year + that I've owned them. I could see dialing it in.. but once you have them set for what you want to do... you should be good to go.

Do a side by side comparison of the 40mm golds and whatever Tein setup you are looking at. You'll see that for what you should be shopping for (quality, manufactoring process, build spec, etc...) that the DMS rule the galaxy.

Hope you Solve your Suspension Needs,

layzienoy

Ya i always felt the EDFC was kinda a waste of money

it is most likely for that added point in a car show, but in the real world i doubt you would need to change the setup while in the car

CodingParadox

Oh look at that, they did change to US $. Gotcha. Yeah, I think I'll be getting those instead.

I figured the EDFC would be nice to help dial-in suspension settings that you want under new conditions. Changing road surface, change the struts on the fly. Sure, it'd be a novelty factor, but it didn't seem like it'd be useless and silly, just an expensive added convenience.