BC Racing coilovers?

New Guy

What sort of mounts do they come with for that price? The plain rubber ones or the adjustable pillowball mounts?

My struts are tooooast, I'll be picking up a set of these when I get my Ranger sold.

FabZ

Mine are pillowballs everywhere. There are a couple options. You can look on their compatibility chart on their website before buying.

New Guy

They're not directly compatible with my platform. I need to do minor Dremel worth on the lower mounting holes on the struts and I need to elongate the holes in my strut towers on the car.

I'm just curious if the $1100 shipped is with pillowballs or the standard mounts. There is a listing on eBay for $1000 shipped (or about that) but the listing gives me the option to pick which mounts I get and doesn't give any ideas on pricing.

I'm just hoping I won't have to drop an extra $450 to get pillowball mounts for $1k coilovers.

New Guy

Your aftermarket support up north must be great... I can only find the BR series here. What do the BR series with pillowball mounts cost?

Sorry to clutter everything up.

underscore

New Guy":1hijmfqi said:
Your aftermarket support up north must be great... I can only find the BR series here. What do the BR series with pillowball mounts cost?

Sorry to clutter everything up.

I ordered mine from the states, direct from BC. I think they were something like $1000 shipped for BR within the US, and $1250 shipped for the RAM within the US. And because I ordered them from BC, they were able to give me custom spring rates.

Brad_91

I believe I read on the BC website that all of their coilovers come with pillowball mounts :). The $1100 was quoted by a shop in Manitoba, and straight from BC I was quoted $1215.

Does anyone recommend the SWIFT spring upgrade they offer? I was quoted and extra $350 for those springs and I am pretty tempted from what I've read so far about them

NZgt4

BC Gold's are mean as. I've got them on my 185 with a whiteline sway brace and it's awwwwesooomme!! And its easy to get side ways :D mine were $1495 NZD.

CMS-GT4

Bc uk lists the er. Honestly I have a hard time pulling the trigger on bc unless I can get the er. I got verification fortune does not make a 185 set and all the others I was interested in cast as much as a whole alltrac.

I wish I could buy a used set of BC's for their bodies and put internals of my choice inside.

underscore

It wouldn't hurt to call them up and see if they have a set returned on warranty or something kicking around that they might sell you for that purpose. They seemed to be pretty flexible people when I dealt with them.

klue

I will send them an email and inquire about his too. What do you want to put internally? another option is to DIY a coilover kit using the shock of your choice

CMS-GT4

I had asked them if they would sell the whole threaded body and they said no. I have an option to get bodies made for koni race shocks, but I was afraid their height might be too tall for my goals. Plus I liked the idea of adjustable mounting height vs spring perch. I do not know what I would put in them. It would all depend on how much room there was inside. I think anything from blistiens to koni or even a high end shock. If I am going to upgrade from my HAs I want it to be worth while and something I can run with for a while. I had not seen any diy kits that have that sort of adjustment bodies. If I could find one, I think that is the route I would go. I even looked at the Ceika stuff, but I am waiting on some feedback from people who run them.

CMS-GT4

I found there are many threaded sleeve options. I can get a strut body made and use the lower portion bc sells that matches the 185 spindle. I just have to find a threaded sleeve the same pitch as bc. I am sort of leaning towards some blistiens inserts. I want to research ceika some more but it appears I'll have to be creative to get what I want.

psipwrd

I got the BRs with Swift springs installed. Initial impressions, car handles much better without the sway bar end links. Should have the adjustable end links soon and will post impressions after making some adjustments...