brake issues on a st185

aus jd 2703

ok guys i was having brake issued before so i rebuild the master and now the pedal still goes to the floor ive been through two bottles of brake fluid so they're well bled. it seems to be the front right as if i pinch the line the pedal is rock hard so we pulled it apart cleaned it with sand paper and re assembled and yet it doesn't leak the piston moves and still soft pedal.
any ideas? im getting the fronts re built but im not convinced that's the problem??
any suggestions.
ps it seems hard when no booster ie engine off.

klue

turn the car on and bleed the brakes, sometimes you have to drive it and trigger the abs to get all the air out the system.

keep bleeding. I made my own tool which forces the fluid up the caliper end to resolve the bleeding issues with these cars

klue

2 bottles isnt that much fluid, bleed it again.
if your not loosing fluid, keep bleeding

tubasteve

Bleed bleed bleed! No joke, I did this several times and had a soft pedal. Used a "vacula"(brake line self bleeder) and still had an issue. Old timmer here then helped me bleed it with his way only, 2 times his way got it done. (Probly just his luck) if ur clamping off the line try putting a bolt and not through were the caliper gets the line to take only the caliper out of the loop after you possibly fail at bleeding. Possible bad seal that keeps sucking air but not leaking fluid.

-steve

aus jd 2703

howd the old timer do it?
rebuild master and both front and its still doing the same thing.
bled with engine off no air in fluid with engine running no air in fluid. yet u clamp the line full peddle take the clamp of instantly no peddle. no leaks nothing i dont know what is going on