slotted rotors

Simba

That website is massively broken.

At any rate, slotted rotors are no less prone to warping than any other design. The slots just help remove gas and dust from the pad under heavy use.

If you warped your rotors, you should investigate why that is, and consider moving to a pad setup that is more in line with your driving habits.

As for the black coating that is fairly common these days, it's just a rust inhibitor, and not a particularly good one at that. It's off the rotor surface in a few miles, and turns into surface rust on the hat inside of six months. The only way to keep rust off of one piece iron rotors is to ceramic coat the hats, as BMW, Mercedes et al do.

Landon

i didn't warp my rotors... but yeah i just like the slotted design for the clearing capabilities. oh i noticed the websites crazy! sorry about that. lol

krogers128

hey i just ordered a pair front and rear Cross drilled and slotted rotors, black ones because i thought they would be cool, from this company, a total of about $205 including shipping. the customer service was great, the price was great, the shipping was about a week. i haven't put them on yet but they are nice looking rotors for the buck, im gonna be putting these on with some porterfield race pads from horsepowerfreaks.com and im hoping for a good setup :) hope this helps. it is a legit company, just call in!

sonochevelle

Simba":337bvr5f said:
At any rate, slotted rotors are no less prone to warping than any other design. The slots just help remove gas and dust from the pad under heavy use.

not true. the slots/holes in the rotors increase the ability to shed heat, heat is what causes rotors to warp. therefor they are less prone to warp under heavy braking.

Landon

wow that corvette link had some annoying people posting in it. lol. i think my favorite would be- whens its time to stop, throw the anchor out the window. :)

Boo_Guy

krogers128":26dyd4q8 said:
hey i just ordered a pair front and rear Cross drilled and slotted rotors, black ones because i thought they would be cool, from this company, a total of about $205 including shipping. the customer service was great, the price was great, the shipping was about a week. i haven't put them on yet but they are nice looking rotors for the buck, im gonna be putting these on with some porterfield race pads from horsepowerfreaks.com and im hoping for a good setup :) hope this helps. it is a legit company, just call in!

Thanks for the review! :)

toayoztan

Landon":eytcg68v said:
wow that corvette link had some annoying people posting in it. lol. i think my favorite would be- whens its time to stop, throw the anchor out the window. :)

I agree, I found it increasingly difficult to read (and we aren't talking about the technical info either).

Bryan

UtahSleeper

Yea, there was some ignorant folks on there (corvette forum, to be expected), but it did seem like there was some good info.

Landon

i'm sorry man, i didn't mean to hate on that. i felt that some of the people definitely had some good info to share.

88gt4DE

jonnyboygt4":1k7f414k said:
would be nice if they shipped to canada :(

Make nice with someone in US and get them to ship them over for ya ... seen it happen here before. I've had someone ship over lights from across the pond for a small fee :)

Landon

jonnyboy...i'd ship to you if you were nice enough. lol. or if you wanna wait till i order mine and i could just do it all together....

Boo_Guy

I use a service like myus.com when I come across someone who doesnt ship to Canada.

:twisted: The websites that dont ship here are losing a good chunk of easy sales.

jonnyboygt4

Landon":xl5fm1ox said:
jonnyboy...i'd ship to you if you were nice enough. lol. or if you wanna wait till i order mine and i could just do it all together....

ya that would be nice....well when i have some funding ill PM you....that would be awesome if we were able to swing something....

ive spent way too much on the car so ive got to wait it out for a little ...:) or im gonna be a single man...haha

Landon

haha alright man sounds good to me. i feel ya on spending to much. just try to tell your girl how important it is. lol