Brembos & 5x114.3?

tubasteve

You can't add spacers to make the height bigger btw, spacers would lessen the amount of height.you also can not shave the rotor like in my hub conversion, they are too thin

underscore

tubasteve":2rzw4xn0 said:
You can't add spacers to make the height bigger btw, spacers would lessen the amount of height.you also can not shave the rotor like in my hub conversion, they are too thin

that's what I meant, we need to find a rotor with the height we need or greater, because we can always add a spacer to reduce the height. As far as forgetting Lexus, I meant I didn't think of them when looking for large rotors. Did Lexus ever have Brembos as a factory option on any cars?

gtfourtc

the sti rotors that fit the porsche brembos with the brackets are 52.7mm height, so if you go larger than this you need spacers, if you go smaller the bracket would need to be shaved down. Spacers are easier to deal with

gtfourtc

with the g35 rotor you would actually need to shave to bracket down about 3.6mm any local machine shop could handle this, but they can charge 50-100 dollars shop rates per hour, if those of you that want to swap to the 5x114 hubs go with the g35 rotor i can modify your brackets to work, and get you new rotor centering rings as well.
I will keep searching rotor dimensions and maybe something else will come up that is just right.

actually just remembering the toyota supra rotors they are a better option than the g35 since the have the correct hub register already, only thing needed is to shave the brackets.

gtfourtc

with the supra rotor all that is needed is to shave the bracket about 3.6mm ish. From now on I will change the bracket design so it can be used with either option by just flipping the bracket around.

underscore

well well well, time for me to brake the bank and order some parts (pun intended). I'm guessing there's no way in hell a 16" rim would clear all this hey?

edit: where is the best place to find the Rav4 front hubs? I know the dealer wants ~$150 for each

tubasteve

gtfourtc":ccpzzy1z said:
with the supra rotor all that is needed is to shave the bracket about 3.6mm ish. From now on I will change the bracket design so it can be used with either option by just flipping the bracket around.

This is smart, but i know .1 mm isneeded :twisted:
3.7mm is what i came up with

gtfourtc

yeah MKIV supra turbo rotors, they will be the easiest, they fit the hub and just require brackets shaved down 3.7mm