How to install st205 brakes???

underscore

alltracst185":3fuoznkw said:
underscore":3fuoznkw said:
I have 04 STi rotors and they seem to clear everything, but just barely.
Are you using ST205 calipers?

No, I'm using the Porsche/Brembo setup. If I'm going through the hassle of upgrading, I want to make things easier on myself, not harder.

quieter

i installed st205 brakes all around its quite easy but get ready to spend your money. heres a list of what you need and what to do and what i spent wich is 320$ without the rotors and calipers.

1. extended wheel lugs 95$(A.R.P) local or ebay
2. 2x 20mm spacers 80$ ebay
3. 2 x 4mm spacers 15$ ebay
4. SS lines (i didnt do it but i made a bracket to extend the stock brake line)
5. ST205 rotors in your case because you dont have them(mine came with the half clip i bought)
6. Brake fluid (obv)

heres what you do when you have everything

1. go to a machine shop and ask to mill down the rotors down from 315mm to 305mm and skim off exactly 1mm off each mounting point on the calipers (50$ for rotors + 90$ for calipers)
2 use a dremel and cut the 4mm spacers to make them fit inside the rotor. it really needs to be 4mm. 3 will knock the lower balljoint and 5 wont make the rotor centered with the caliper's pads
3. use a piece of metal to make it hubcentric

if you need a guide on how to install them just tell me

CMS-GT4

In this page I mention one place that does the rotor rings. See the post with the dimensions. Revolution on ebay has a bolk lot of wrx hats. They can be ordered separate from him. Or you can look at the option in the post above. Either way, you will be spending more cash to do this.
viewtopic.php?t=20216&start=135

deecee

so the work has been stated as to how this is done and you still are willing to commit to this based on what is perceived as an emotional investment (IMO). Trust me, I thought about this just to have Celica on a caliper, and I have been through a number of measurements and testing to see whether this would work. And it wasn't worth trying to make it work at the end of the day.

Seriously, st205 brakes are decent, but not fantastic. You'd be better off getting a brake kit that bolts straight on instead of re-inventing a brake kit which may or may not work. Save some money and go with something that works out of the box.

And wait for the fun you'll have on the rears with the hub spigot being a different size. I ended up buying st215 rear hubs with the 55mm spigot hubs so I didn't have to piss about with a 0.7mm shim..

Zomb

I have st205 calipers and discs on my st165

Its not a major. Caliper adapter, disc spacer, longer studs. You may need longer brake hoses. I had some braided ones made anyways.

Zomb":1w2cybge said:
I have st205 calipers and discs on my st165

Its not a major. Caliper adapter, disc spacer, longer studs. You may need longer brake hoses. I had some braided ones made anyways.

Have you been able to certify it as it is? or is it not a road car?

deecee

Puffy is using a custom bell with a 355mm rotor that pushes the st205 caliper out to clear the st185 mounting points.
Easy to understand that he is also using a caliper mounting bracket as well.

BMT has contacted me regarding the brake setup I have resolved with MRP Ltd.
With this request, I will be investing some time into getting the right information to people on my journey around this whole BBK design and stuff I learnt.

Will require some time to write and assemble, but will be worth it. Dimensions, measurements and photos will all be included :)

Cheers
Dave

MXP_57

Hey guys, as "woot woot" said above, we can make fully custom performance rotors that perfectly fit the celica hub. But we only have the rotor sizes that go with our BBK. We don't machine them down as that's not our main business and our rotors rings are already made. 286, 304, 330, 345, 356mm and more. They are 2pcs rotors and the hat are fully custom machined in 6061 alloy to any specifications. Either semi-floating 2pcs or full-floating 2pcs.

ps: i'm the guy (with the crazy "unfinished" st165) who used to sell the custom st165 coilovers on ebay. I will post some progress soon, i've been waiting for fiberglass body panels forever now.

alltracst185

MXP_57":2k9x4tzn said:
Hey guys, as "woot woot" said above, we can make fully custom performance rotors that perfectly fit the celica hub. But we only have the rotor sizes that go with our BBK. We don't machine them down as that's not our main business and our rotors rings are already made. 286, 304, 330, 345, 356mm and more. They are 2pcs rotors and the hat are fully custom machined in 6061 alloy to any specifications. Either semi-floating 2pcs or full-floating 2pcs.

ps: i'm the guy (with the crazy "unfinished" st165) who used to sell the custom st165 coilovers on ebay. I will post some progress soon, i've been waiting for fiberglass body panels forever now.

I'm in! what will the cost be?