ST185 Suspension adjustment - BC coilovers

OutToWinPAHC

So I drove the car for the first time in over a year today, she had a lot done and needs to get on a rack once the little stuff is sorted out. But I installed all new pads rotors, BC racing type BR coilovers, new ball joints, new end links, new sway bar bushings. I can adjust front camber via the coilovers. The coilovers are at the shipped height and have settled in. I may go a little lower perhaps 1/2 inch around and leveled out. My question is rear camber. I know there is a factory cam bolt, and by eyeball I am about -.5 degree's. I would like to get to about -1.5 in the rear. Can the factory cam bolts adjust that much? Or are there adjustable arms available. I haven't seen much, but I have been working and not shopping. my plan is -1.5 camber all around with a 17x8.25 +25 front and a 17x8.25 -5 rear with 205-50-17's. I will be cutting and rolling the rear quarters.

OutToWinPAHC

coilovers installed as shipped, going to space the rears 25 or 30mm with 54.1mm hubcentric spacers and centering rings.
st_zps72e6a604.jpg

aus jd 2703

as shipped wow i couldnt even get the jack out from under my car with how the BC's were shipped to me. i wound them up 20-30mm crazy low

FabZ

hi,

i had to buy cam bolts to get to 1 degree of camber in the rear. but maybe my alignment guy is just stupid and never adjusted the cam bolts..

also, was the installation straight in? i have some RAM coilovers and none of my brakets was fitted properly. rear sway bar was rubbing on the brake line braket, which i couldnt even clips the line in. and in the front, the line couldnt fit too and the bracket was rubbing the body.. I know i might be low but.. i'll be modifying the coilover bases this winter since BC wasnt really helpfull to my problems...

OutToWinPAHC

Same issues the front bases rubbed the body and I had to bend them out of the way. Brake lines also did not fit the holes so we had to fix that too.

FabZ

yeah.. i've contacted them about those little problems. i was willing to help them do some modifications to their drawings to solve that. after arguing that their c/o were perfectly designed they said they would transfert me to the technical department. and never got an answer after that.. so fuck off imma do it myself since i have access to a welder and everything..

but i'm satisfied with the coilover itself! have you took the extreme low package too?

(i'm sorry if i made mistakes, i'm french and my english isnt perfect..)

underscore

My front seem to fit perfectly? Albeit I haven't driven on them yet. Where did you guys order them from?

OutToWinPAHC

FabZ":2n7dh49j said:
yeah.. i've contacted them about those little problems. i was willing to help them do some modifications to their drawings to solve that. after arguing that their c/o were perfectly designed they said they would transfert me to the technical department. and never got an answer after that.. so fuck off imma do it myself since i have access to a welder and everything..

but i'm satisfied with the coilover itself! have you took the extreme low package too?

(i'm sorry if i made mistakes, i'm french and my english isnt perfect..)

I blasted them on facebook after they would not get back to me. I fixed the issues myself. I have ran BC on a lot of my cars and this was the last time tbh. You can bend the brake braket thing toward the wheel and it works, but you have to cut a groove in it and widen it for the line to fit.

I got mine from my buddys shops for wholesale, he owns elite JDM

FabZ

underscore. i think it's because our cars are pretty low. i'm tucking my tires a little, so thats why the bracket is far higher and now rubbing the frame. I bought mine from a little shop in Montreal. The guy was doing a ''group buy'' actually he was just ordering 6 sets at the time to save on the shipping. So i had them for a good price! 1380$ and they are RAM series, inverted shock.

OutToWinPAHC. yeah i've bent it too but the paint cracked and the back is giving more issues.. I'll just cut the bracket and weld them at the right place, then send everything to get powdercoated again.

Punknoodle

When I fitted my Tein Super Streets the brake brackets hit the Whiteline adjustable bar at the rear. I was going to have them cut off and re-welded but was advised they need to be stripped down to do this then reassembled as the heat from the welding would damage the oil in the strut.

Being brand new dampers I really didn't want to strip them, especially as it would have been crazy expensive so I ended up cutting them off with enough of a tab to drill a hole in, then cut off the old brackets off the standard shocks and grinded them to shape, drilled a hole in them too and bolted them on. Heaps of clearance.

When I get home I'll take a picture for you.

FabZ

Yeah but the Bc are different. The bottom part is treaded and can be removed so its not a problem ;)