Coilovers

Curry

So I was tossing around the idea of either coils or the ground control setup. (for my ST165)

I'm leaning towards the K-sport coils for the st185... can anyone tell me what I can expect to pay for them? I've seen them ranging anywhere from $600 all the way up to $1700.

Paykoo

i would buy
BC coil overs

call matt at rev works he is sales guy ware i work
407-542-7863
tell him ur car info and he will look them up

i beleive they were like 1200 or something like that

warracer

Get the cheapest coilover possible, then do a re-valving job , change main seal for a better quality one, re-pressurize (if no cartridge) and voila great coilover , durable , cheap! :D

Curry

I was leaning more towards the K-sports. Had them on my SC300 and I had BC's on my GS300 both were great.

I've seen the K-sports for about 900 or best offer on e-bay... The car is just for daily driving but I don't even use it all week its mostly 2-3 days now. No plans for any auto cross or anything at least not for a long time. So around 800-900 seems reasonable to me. The extra cash I can throw at other things that need fixing like the head :shoots:

polm

I think you should have a talk with MXP_57 he's the director of http://www.ceikaperformance.com and they make custom coilovers for under 1000$. The quality looks really nice, you should pm him. They also make big brake kits. As for CX racing, it's an american ebay brand with some decent products. They have some good stuff like radiators, intercoolers and exhausts and even some turbos (not all of them are good unfortunately). For the same price I'm pretty sure you can get better than cx racing.
Good luck!

klue

We also supply track coilovers, but are lowest model starts at 1300+

the GC + koni set up works out very well for street and track days

Curry

klue":1d7ur7b8 said:

Good to know. I probably don't plan to drop that much on it now.

When i do decide i want to track the car ill probably invest in something in that 1,500 range. For now I guess its just something to haul the groceries while I work on it little by little.

klue

Curry":303kzugw said:
klue":303kzugw said:

When i do decide i want to track the car ill probably invest in something in that 1,500 range. For now I guess its just something to haul the groceries while I work on it little by little.

In that case, if your shocks are good why not go for some lowering springs? and a sway bar would be nice :)

brutekiller787

I got custom coilovers on eBay I believe from a member on here. They are fantastic. 8kg/mom is good for front and back, maybe a tad softer on the back, but mine aren't adjusted correctly so I'm not sure about what it is supposed to be

Curry

klue":38c2g6uv said:
Curry":38c2g6uv said:
klue":38c2g6uv said:

In that case, if your shocks are good why not go for some lowering springs? and a sway bar would be nice :)

All 4 are shot. LOL. I wasn't sure and had my friend double check... so yea. After getting the prices for the fronts and rears along with everything else needed. Coilovers seemed a much better route.

MXP_57

Hey guys,

Brutekiller, i assume you bought from us before it was called CEIKA when we were in Australia selling on our ebay store. Can you PM me a picture of your car? :)

We can build any setup custom made from stock ride to full gravel rally 3 way. We have some new features on the 1M and 2M with full alloy 6061 shocks like the Ohlins including alloy shock threaded tubes. It's the ultimate lightweight. We have a setup for all budget and application.

brutekiller787

yea i remember the seller being from australia. you guys shipped them out pretty fast but customs was a bitch. i got the fronts two weeks before the rears