SS braided lines and preload

Suspension and other discussion

SS braided lines and preload

Postby Landon » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:34 am

Hey, so the deed has already been done. I have access to a good deal on stainless brake lines through my shop. Kick is, they only have 93-97 supra ones. Am I going to be able to fit these? Length wise, if they aren't too short that shouldn't be a problem. Fittings on the other hand, I am inclined to think that the fittings might be the same, but can anyway give some input? Either way I'll find out when I get then friday. There was a difference of $50, so I'd be excited if this was possible. The other options through the same company are 84-89 MR2 I believe, as well as 2001+ Celica GTS. Either of those maybe? Thoughts on that.

Second thing, I have had my KSport coilovers for about 3 years. Both front struts are blown now. I have had it on the stiffest strut setting the whole time. My plan with the new inserts is to run a softer setting on the strut combined with a slightly preloaded spring so I end up with a similar ride that is easier on the strut. Ideas on this and if anyone has some experience with similar stuff, that would be much appreciated.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
White 1995 BMW M3
Black '90 st185 Sold :(
Landon
Established Member

Return to Handling and Braking