Tire suggestions for the summer rims?

celigts

My buddy is selling his rims from his st205 and offered them for a sick price IMO. $300 for the 4 without rubber. Here's a single pic he sent me. What do you think and what tires would you go with. The rims are 16R 8W -32mm offset.

Flush to the rim would be a nice look but also like the stretched tire look haha. I'd rather control strength then looks strength tho.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365290009.218191.jpg

underscore

I'd go with 245 width tires for an 8" rim, and whatever sidewall is needed to keep you near stock. See my build thread for my 245/45R17 Kuhmp SPT's on 17x8's

Meenya

underscore":z54ewrit said:
I'd go with 245 width tires for an 8" rim, and whatever sidewall is needed to keep you near stock. See my build thread for my 245/45R17 Kuhmp SPT's on 17x8's

245/45/17 is almost 10% larger than stock 215/50/15, not ideal in my opinion
I would buy 225/50/16, Hankook R-S3...this size is still 5.9% larger than stock but the tire is great especially for $123 each from tire rack:)

underscore

Meenya":3n9ng6ex said:
underscore":3n9ng6ex said:

245/45/17 is almost 10% larger than stock 215/50/15, not ideal in my opinion
I would buy 225/50/16, Hankook R-S3...this size is still 5.9% larger than stock but the tire is great especially for $123 each from tire rack:)

Sorry, 245/40R17. Either way, it hows how a 245 sits on an 8" rim. IMO 225 is too skinny for an 8", those are better suited to a 7".

celigts

Thanks for the help guys :) how about the nitto neogen. I think I have on my 7.5 enkeis 245/40's. if its possible I'd like to use those to save some money. I gotta get winter tires for next winter yet. Gonna be a rough summer

phattyduck

celigts":2dn5ea80 said:
Thanks for the help guys :) how about the nitto neogen. I think I have on my 7.5 enkeis 245/40's. if its possible I'd like to use those to save some money. I gotta get winter tires for next winter yet. Gonna be a rough summer
I have NeoGens on my Alltrac right now. They are M+S rated, and don't have the all out summer performance of other tires listed so far. They will get you through an unexpected mild snowstorm, etc. though... (and have done that for me a few times)

-Charlie

celigts

Yea I was driving with them for a month or so of snow and nice with no worries. Ill switch to these suggested tires next season. Ill see what prices look like tho and might get them this year.

ALLensTRAC

Look into the Bridestone RE760. They are affordable and have been a good handling tire on all the cars I've had them on including the Trac. I have them on my Volvo now in 205/45r16 and they hold traction a lot better than my Advans did especially when launching it.

celigts

So apparently 245's only come in compound tires? Says the local shop. They ordered me tires and suggested the falken fk452.

So $672 taxes in for all 4 at 225/45R16's. good price?

underscore

I have two FK452's on the Prelude and they're noisy as hell, grip seems decent but it's hard to push them with a stock Prelude so I can't say for sure.

ALLensTRAC

Tell them to shove those falkens where the sun don't shine!!! Those tires wear horrible causing large amounts of noise and need for replacement once the cords show. They have been around for a long time and every car I have worked on or seen with them had uneven wear regardless of alignment angles. I would get the Neogens or anything else for that matter lol!!!

I just did a search and found the Bridgestone RE-11 in 245/45r16 for 173 on sale at Tires-easy.com. I know you said that was pricey for you but its the size you wanted and a way better performance tire.

celigts

K sent them a pm. Pricey yea but if they will last more then 2 seasons it'll pay itself off then.

I asked for 245's cuz underscore has the same width and looked pretty flush.

underscore

try tiredirect.ca for cheap tires in Canada, their selection is limited though. Otherwise check out 1010tire.com, I got my tires from them and they were cheaper than anywhere else at the time.

underscore

Yeah I'm in BC, shipping from 1010 was nice because there were no surprise fees, I found a few other "Canadian" websites that had great looking prices but shipped from the US. At the moment 1010 seems to have a free shipping deal on again as well.