Pricey spherical bushing alternative?

jsd

I swear a few hours ago it said only one left in stock. It wouldn't let me order 4... but now it will.
I must have been mistaken or something
Anyway, I'll be ordering these now

88gt4DE

jsd":wi79rs2t said:
I swear a few hours ago it said only one left in stock. It wouldn't let me order 4... but now it will.
I must have been mistaken or something
Anyway, I'll be ordering these now

I'll be tryin them out too ... good ole internet on the ordering issue ...

MWP

How have you guys been going with those Febest TAB-002RUB bearings?

Ive just ordered four of the TAB-002Z bearings.
They are listed as a replacement for the same Toyota part number, so they should fit ok.
They are a tad more expensive, so im hoping that means they are a better part than the "RUB" version.

TAB-002Z:
10399.jpg

Toyota1968

They look like the Chinese alternative to the Toyota own part ..... The centre sleeve is not as thick as oem....should work ok but may wear quicker.....

MWP

I received the Febest bearings today.

Holographic stickers on the bearing boxes to prove they are genuine and made in Germany.
They must have had problems with chinese rip offs in the past.

There is also a note in the box apologizing for previous versions of the bearing (im guessing the TAB-002RUB version) that had "technical problems".
This new TAB-002Z version apparently fixes the problem.

MWP

The TAB-002Z looks like this.
Its a sealed spherical bearing, just like the original Toyota bearing.

10399.jpg

___Scott___

That's a good find, thanks for verifying that they are a viable alternative for the OEM bearings. I guess now I'll have to update my webpage here to include this new info.

MWP

Well they fit and look ok.
Who knows how long they will actually last as yet.

They do have a 60,000km warranty though if that means anything.

mx6er2587

well there will be two of us to guinea pig. Mine are on their way. Not sure how soon I'll get them on the car though.

88gt4DE

MWP":3mxmyxl2 said:
How did they not work out?

They were too big and they wouldn't press in. OEM went right in. :shrug: Now that I see the pictures of yours , the ones i got didnt look like those. They looked more like the ones in the first couple pictures of the post ...

___Scott___

MWP":43qagdd8 said:
Holographic stickers on the bearing boxes to prove they are genuine and made in Germany.
They must have had problems with chinese rip offs in the past.
To answer the question of whether they are made in China or not, here is a photo of the stickers on the boxes I got:

FebestSphericalBearingBoxes.jpg

A nice hologram (probably also made in China) and an actual "Made in China" sticker.

I will also note that they are 0.005" bigger diameter than the OEM bearings and that small difference in size makes a big difference in the difficulty of installing them. I resorted to opening up the rings on the hub a little with a 60-grit cartridge roll and a die grinder in order to get them to go in. Having done that, they should be easy to replace next time if they don't last very long but going back to OEM bearings will require some trickery to shrink the rings.