Switch to full style
Suspension and other discussion
Post a reply

Re: Baller on a Budget BBK (BBBBK)

Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:48 pm

MWP wrote:Anyone have experience with Cardone re-man calipers?
Finding LS430 calipers in Aus is pretty difficult, and they are expensive (ie >$400 for 2nd hand front calipers alone), so the Cardone re-man calipers at ~$150ea look pretty attractive.
Since im in Aus, i really dont want to get dud calipers and then go through all the trouble of shipping them back to the US, etc, etc.


That's what I am using and no issues at all and they are $70 each with caliper exchange over here(although that maybe a problem for you). I popped a couple of the pistons out to look at the finish and the seals, and everything looked like OEM.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now

Re: Baller on a Budget BBK (BBBBK)

Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:56 pm

Thats great to hear thanks :)

Re: Baller on a Budget BBK (BBBBK)

Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:57 pm

How is progress?

Re: Baller on a Budget BBK (BBBBK)

Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:43 pm

ZeroDrift wrote:How is progress?


Machine shop is taking a while, but they have all the material to make 10 sets of brackets. I test fit their first product and it fits so just a little waiting game.

I am overall really pleased with the brakes just expect a little more pedal travel. I am going to rip out my ABS and see if it helps with that since we do have a 1" master. I have really romped on these brakes in the canyons to where now I need to change the fluid to a higher temp, but they never faded even through a good 25 minutes of hard driving and steep downhill grades. Still need to get working on the rears though....

Re: Baller on a Budget BBK (BBBBK)

Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:28 am

For anyone who is interested in buying the kits:

http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=49599

Re: Baller on a Budget BBK (BBBBK)

Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:52 am

Sorry I haven't replied, lots of personal stuff came up. Should be able to get a kit, but it'll be around two month from now. Sorry again. And thank you for making these

Re: Baller on a Budget BBK (BBBBK)

Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:16 am

I think you are doing the right thing by trying to make/ sell this kit. Thank you for making it available for everyone! If you would sort the clearance issue for st-185 Im definitely buying this kit. Thanks for doing all the R&D! Don't give up! :D

Re: Baller on a Budget BBK (BBBBK)

Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:48 pm

Yea man I appreciate you trying to help out the community by offering a nice upgrade for such a reasonable price. I'm not really sure why what you are doing could be considered rude. I can only assume that by getting vendor status someone would be making money off you .

Re: Baller on a Budget BBK (BBBBK)

Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:47 pm

Chuck.hudson wrote:Yea man I appreciate you trying to help out the community by offering a nice upgrade for such a reasonable price. I'm not really sure why what you are doing could be considered rude. I can only assume that by getting vendor status someone would be making money off you .


Ya, it wouldn't make any sense for me to spend that much money to become a vendor when I am only making enough money off the kits to recover my costs on my own kit. This is purely hobby related at the moment. If it comes to the point where I have a high demand, maybe I'll start a business but as of now I have no intentions.

Re: Baller on a Budget BBK (BBBBK)

Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:48 pm

2RM wrote:I think you are doing the right thing by trying to make/ sell this kit. Thank you for making it available for everyone! If you would sort the clearance issue for st-185 Im definitely buying this kit. Thanks for doing all the R&D! Don't give up! :D


Ya, one guy with a 185 is getting a kit now, we'll see how it works out.

Re: Baller on a Budget BBK (BBBBK)

Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:19 pm

Cool! Keep us updated!

Re: Baller on a Budget BBK (BBBBK)

Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:12 pm

bajallama wrote:
Chuck.hudson wrote:Yea man I appreciate you trying to help out the community by offering a nice upgrade for such a reasonable price. I'm not really sure why what you are doing could be considered rude. I can only assume that by getting vendor status someone would be making money off you .


Ya, it wouldn't make any sense for me to spend that much money to become a vendor when I am only making enough money off the kits to recover my costs on my own kit. This is purely hobby related at the moment. If it comes to the point where I have a high demand, maybe I'll start a business but as of now I have no intentions.



For the record - we need to protect the vendors on this forum and as such can not allow people to sell products that they produce on this forum without having them support the forum. This rule is present in MANY other forums so it should not be foreign to you. Some forums won't even allow members to run groupbuy's without going through a vendor.

Re: Baller on a Budget BBK (BBBBK)

Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:24 pm

I feel like this is going to turn into an ugly situation.

Re: Baller on a Budget BBK (BBBBK)

Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:55 pm

Im in for a kit. Although I do want to see the results of the 185 buyer beforehand. As far as using a spacer behind the rotor and machining the mounting face; Im a little lost as to what portion of the caliper you are talking about to effectively move it away from the BJ. Would you be willing to elaborate?
Also, I dont see the need to become a vendor for 10 kits. Especially when its a community favor, just my .2c. Did the gentleman producing the Porsche kits have vendor status? Lets try not to punish those that are putting in genuine effort towards making items available for us.

Re: Baller on a Budget BBK (BBBBK)

Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:36 pm

CSAlltrac wrote:Im in for a kit. Although I do want to see the results of the 185 buyer beforehand. As far as using a spacer behind the rotor and machining the mounting face; Im a little lost as to what portion of the caliper you are talking about to effectively move it away from the BJ. Would you be willing to elaborate?
Also, I dont see the need to become a vendor for 10 kits. Especially when its a community favor, just my .2c. Did the gentleman producing the Porsche kits have vendor status? Lets try not to punish those that are putting in genuine effort towards making items available for us.


Okay, so if you put a spacer behind your rotor it will move it out further, away from your ball joint, effectively changing your rotor offset. However, now your caliper won't line up centerline to the rotor, it will be off the amount you spaced it off. If you look at the bracket, you will see that it bolts to the back of the hub (you can see a lip). So you just remove that thickness(of the spacer)of material from the bracket where it mates to the back face of the spindle. The lip now becomes deeperIt will then move your caliper centerline to the new centerline of the rotor. If you want I can draw a little sketch if you like. I would suggest running longer wheel studs if you plan on doing this also.

Ya well it is what it is, I understand their concern. I just didn't see how I fit into a vendor category, I don't even know what I would put as my vendor name if I went that route.
Post a reply