Custom parts from T3 for the 5th gen celica

ALLensTRAC

CMS-GT4":3b0s4x0c said:
T3 found a mono ball pin that fits and is adjustable. It just needs a bracket and it's done.

Well that's good to hear!!! Did they by chance send any design pics or what not? Just curious how it's setup.

dkdmonk

I don't want to take anything away from the OP or from the work T3 is doing. I like the lower ball joint idea and I know CMS has been trying to find those for a long time.

I had some front caster/camber plates made by Ground Control, they didn't have them and still don't list them on their site, but the made several when they made ours. I'm not sure what the max camber or caster setting would be and/or if they'd fit on cartridges besides Koni.

Here's just a picture or two:

Help this helps.......

CMS-GT4

I am going to call ground control and see if they can do a bearing size that will fit me teins.
I wanted t3 to do them since they would do it cheaper, but sometimes time is worth more than a discount.

Here is the mono pin they used. I have not fully given up on them. I imagine we won't hear anything about this again for another month and half since they put us behind bigger orders. I asked them if they scrapped us, if they would at least sell the pin so we could make our own brackets.

Attachments

• 10330415_650218681725498_6202502857305095334_n.jpg
    10330415_650218681725498_6202502857305095334_n.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 2,154

bajallama

what I meant by spacer was extended ball joint, sorry. If they bail on the project, I have access to a CNC machine so I can get some stuff made. Either the mono pin(never really seen one of these before), extended ball joint(might be pricey) or a press in heim and machined fastener with the correct taper. If you go the heim route, your RC can be adjusted in a wide range depending on the size of the fastener or until you hit your rim. Similar to this:

7025540581_feb20fd04c_z.jpg

Cuttyman9

ew chinese coilovers lol... expensive ones at that.

its gonna be interesting to see how everyone does their ball joint to clear the rotors

CMS-GT4

GC is 350. T3 contacted me and they started their design on their camber caster plates. Looks like they will be in the 230 range so I am going that route.

CMS-GT4

Here are the top mounts. I'll share more info once mine come in and I get to fit them on.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 2,007

CMS-GT4

Looks like t3 is cutting their losses with the 5th gen chassis. I know they stil have 20 of these in stock, but it looks like they won't be making new stuff. So that might be the end of the extended ball joint option. Unless we can find a place that can make the bracket that would house the mono ball pin. I suppose t3 might pick up if their parts started selling, but until then I don't imagine they will.

underscore

That sucks, but is understandable. I'm curious what the sales rates of some of the other uncommon chassis they support vs ours is.

CMS-GT4

Between posting on here and some fb groups that is all the advertising they had. They had not promoted it themselves.

CMS-GT4

They should had done orders on a preorder system anyhow to figure out what parts are more in demand. The ball joint is likely their most in demand part from us.

Mafix

if the forums specific to the chassis are not enough, why bother advertising. there are 3 people who have spent some money there. all 3 of them are in this thread. all 3 of them have posted everywhere. i see no reason for them to spend anymore time making parts for the 3 of us. now if other people ordered some things....

remember, money talks. no money = no r and d = no parts being made

support the people that take the time to support us.