Where to buy complete front and rear brake upgrade

Suspension and other discussion

Where to buy complete front and rear brake upgrade

Postby gt4lm » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:41 am

Looking for a front and get caliper and disc upgrade set

Instead of running around chasing bits around the world is there a kit from one supplier that will upgrade the lot?
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
gt4lm
Club Member
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:27 am

Re: Where to buy complete front and rear brake upgrade

Postby ALLensTRAC » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:06 pm

Revolutionbrake.com sells the front. Then get st205 rears. Rocketeer used to sell front and rear kits but they are no longer available.
If you really want to ball out AP racing makes a front kit but it's around 4k$!!!
Allen

1992 Toyota Celica Alltrac "Never ending Project"
2014 Lexus CT200h Redline/Black "Daily project"
2006 Toyota Highlander Wifes daily
User avatar
ALLensTRAC
Club Member
 
Posts: 556
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:33 pm
Location: Sarasota,FL

Re: Where to buy complete front and rear brake upgrade

Postby gt4lm » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:15 pm

ALLensTRAC wrote:Revolutionbrake.com sells the front. Then get st205 rears. Rocketeer used to sell front and rear kits but they are no longer available.
If you really want to ball out AP racing makes a front kit but it's around 4k$!!!


Is nuts that there is no set available
gt4lm
Club Member
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:27 am

Re: Where to buy complete front and rear brake upgrade

Postby gt4lm » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:37 pm

Ok after a few hours of reading
I'll be using 205 rear set however I noticed that people are cutting up cans to use as a locating ring as the centre bore is larger on the 205 disc

Does any one make a proper locating ring to mount the 205 disc in the 185?
Usinfa cut up can feels a bit scary

I could get one made if possible? :shrug:
gt4lm
Club Member
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:27 am

Re: Where to buy complete front and rear brake upgrade

Postby ALLensTRAC » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:45 pm

It would be difficult to get machined as it's 0.9mm difference. The best solution is either a complete ST205 rear subframe(this also increases track width by 25-30mm eliminating the need for spacers) or using just 205 wheel hubs. 185 hub is 54.1 and the 205 is 55mm.
Allen

1992 Toyota Celica Alltrac "Never ending Project"
2014 Lexus CT200h Redline/Black "Daily project"
2006 Toyota Highlander Wifes daily
User avatar
ALLensTRAC
Club Member
 
Posts: 556
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:33 pm
Location: Sarasota,FL

Re: Where to buy complete front and rear brake upgrade

Postby gt4lm » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:55 pm

ALLensTRAC wrote:It would be difficult to get machined as it's 0.9mm difference. The best solution is either a complete ST205 rear subframe(this also increases track width by 25-30mm eliminating the need for spacers) or using just 205 wheel hubs. 185 hub is 54.1 and the 205 is 55mm.


Are the hubs a pain to install?
Any custom work needed?
The rear frames a good idea but I already ordered my rims so I could avoid spacers


205s are extremely rare in Australia
I have seen one in my life
gt4lm
Club Member
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:27 am

Re: Where to buy complete front and rear brake upgrade

Postby ALLensTRAC » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:19 am

gt4lm wrote:Are the hubs a pain to install?
Any custom work needed?
The rear frames a good idea but I already ordered my rims so I could avoid spacers


205s are extremely rare in Australia
I have seen one in my life


Hubs are not terribly difficult to install but I am a master mechanic with 13 years experience so there is not much that is anymore lol! It will require removing the rear spindles and then pressing out the hub. This can be exacerbated by excessive corrosion. It's basically like doing rear wheel bearings as the hub presses into the bearing. Can you order 205 hubs from the dealer in Australia?
Allen

1992 Toyota Celica Alltrac "Never ending Project"
2014 Lexus CT200h Redline/Black "Daily project"
2006 Toyota Highlander Wifes daily
User avatar
ALLensTRAC
Club Member
 
Posts: 556
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:33 pm
Location: Sarasota,FL

Re: Where to buy complete front and rear brake upgrade

Postby gt4lm » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:29 am

ALLensTRAC wrote:
gt4lm wrote:Are the hubs a pain to install?
Any custom work needed?
The rear frames a good idea but I already ordered my rims so I could avoid spacers


205s are extremely rare in Australia
I have seen one in my life


Hubs are not terribly difficult to install but I am a master mechanic with 13 years experience so there is not much that is anymore lol! It will require removing the rear spindles and then pressing out the hub. This can be exacerbated by excessive corrosion. It's basically like doing rear wheel bearings as the hub presses into the bearing. Can you order 205 hubs from the dealer in Australia?


I should take a look on the way home from work and ask them
Would I need the205 handbrake set up as well? Or can I regal the185 e brake set up ?
gt4lm
Club Member
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:27 am

Re: Where to buy complete front and rear brake upgrade

Postby gt4lm » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:48 am

Yep a locating ring that thin would be a difficult job indeed
gt4lm
Club Member
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:27 am

Re: Where to buy complete front and rear brake upgrade

Postby gt4lm » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:40 am

This does not look so bad I can't see it killing anyone

http://www.turbocelica.nl/541vs550mm.htm
gt4lm
Club Member
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:27 am

Re: Where to buy complete front and rear brake upgrade

Postby DeeCee » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:30 am

Caldina st215 rear hubs can also be used as they are the same as st205 hubs. I used the st215 rear hubs on my car
GT Four Adovansu "I want to enjoy the powerful and nimble agility behavior."

Image

Elephant: http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26687
User avatar
DeeCee
Established Member
 
Posts: 1135
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:41 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Where to buy complete front and rear brake upgrade

Postby gt4lm » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:30 am

DeeCee wrote:Caldina st215 rear hubs can also be used as they are the same as st205 hubs. I used the st215 rear hubs on my car

Thanks for the info

However these are even more rare over here
gt4lm
Club Member
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:27 am

Re: Where to buy complete front and rear brake upgrade

Postby DeeCee » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:02 am

actually the point being was that if you are ordering via part numbers, you have two options to find parts around the world for, not just the st205.

As for changing them, you need to use a hydraulic press - would probably pay to change your bearings at the same time. Bearings are the same as the front.
GT Four Adovansu "I want to enjoy the powerful and nimble agility behavior."

Image

Elephant: http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26687
User avatar
DeeCee
Established Member
 
Posts: 1135
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:41 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Where to buy complete front and rear brake upgrade

Postby sainz » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:22 am

i have the rears complete with knuckles ,full bolt on set.
in Victoria Australia.http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/201078214067 ... 1555.l2649
sainz
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:03 am

Re: Where to buy complete front and rear brake upgrade

Postby gt4lm » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:29 am

sainz wrote:i have the rears complete with knuckles ,full bolt on set.
in Victoria Australia.http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/201078214067 ... 1555.l2649


Would love them but your pricing is in aftermarket price range but glws mate
gt4lm
Club Member
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:27 am

Next

Return to Handling and Braking

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest