Where to buy complete front and rear brake upgrade

Suspension and other discussion

Re: Where to buy complete front and rear brake upgrade

Postby sainz » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:42 pm

show me where i can get after market rears even Taiwanese made brakes complete for this price.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
sainz

Postby Corey » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:02 pm

Check out ksport UK. They make front and rear kits. I have their front 6 pot kit. It bolted on but needed some adjusting to make it fit perfectly.
Corey
GTFour God

1989 Toyota Celica

Postby gt4lm » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:05 am

Lol fooling around in the garage an found some alloy hub ring for some old wheels I had

Looking at them the have a 54.1 internal diameter and 60 something outer diameter

It propably won't work but I'll pop over to my mates place and see if he can shove them on his machine and bring them down to 55mm outer diameter which is dead accurate
gt4lm
Club Member

Postby sainz » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:27 am

lol 0.45thick spacer.
Go and buy these cheap Taiwanese brakes.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ksport-ProComp- ... 80&vxp=mtr
sainz

Postby gt4lm » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:41 am

sainz wrote:lol 0.45thick spacer.
Go and buy these cheap Taiwanese brakes.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ksport-ProComp- ... 80&vxp=mtr

ill be ok

just found some tube in the exact size and wall thickness i need as opposed to milling down the rings
love fact finding missions

got some 205 rear calipers for a steal and totaly by chance
and will grab some rear dba discs when i get a chance to visit my dealer friend

waiting on a reply in regards to my willwood front kit
gt4lm
Club Member

Postby sainz » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:50 am

you know wilwood is not made in usa.
http://www.tradeinfo365.com/NorthAmeric ... ERING.html
sainz

Postby ALLensTRAC » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:35 am

sainz wrote:you know wilwood is not made in usa.

Honestly not much is made in the US anymore unfortunately. The wilwood calipers have proven themselves time and time again in real motorsports competition. I'd like to see the same from Ksport or D2. The only downfall you here regarding Wilwood is caliper flex although that's not common.

To gt4lm I would also look into an adjustable prop valve as increased pedal travel has been reported with this setup. It looks like you are on the right path though!!
Allen

1992 Toyota Celica Alltrac "Never ending Project"
2014 Lexus CT200h Redline/Black "Daily project"
2006 Toyota Highlander Wifes daily
ALLensTRAC
Club Member

Postby gt4lm » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:12 am

ALLensTRAC wrote:

Honestly not much is made in the US anymore unfortunately. The wilwood calipers have proven themselves time and time again in real motorsports competition. I'd like to see the same from Ksport or D2. The only downfall you here regarding Wilwood is caliper flex although that's not common.

To gt4lm I would also look into an adjustable prop valve as increased pedal travel has been reported with this setup. It looks like you are on the right path though!!

Yes it seems the prop valve is a must at that point
Wilwoodbrakes have one as do a few other suppliers

I'm probably going to get solid rear discs and slotted front but will wait till my guy gives me his thoughts befor I run around spending to much
gt4lm
Club Member

Postby ALLensTRAC » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:14 am

gt4lm wrote:
ALLensTRAC wrote:

I'm probably going to get solid rear discs and slotted front but will wait till my guy gives me his thoughts befor I run around spending to much

Personally for a street car I would go with solid face front and rear. Anymore the quality of pads make all the difference and that's where I would spend the money. After installing if you get pad "ghosting" then you may require a different compound. Any slotting and drilling compromises the integrity of the rotor. To me it's not worth it.
Allen

1992 Toyota Celica Alltrac "Never ending Project"
2014 Lexus CT200h Redline/Black "Daily project"
2006 Toyota Highlander Wifes daily
ALLensTRAC
Club Member

Postby gt4lm » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:53 am

I'm probably going to get solid rear discs and slotted front but will wait till my guy gives me his thoughts befor I run around spending to much[/quote]

Personally for a street car I would go with solid face front and rear. Anymore the quality of pads make all the difference and that's where I would spend the money. After installing if you get pad "ghosting" then you may require a different compound. Any slotting and drilling compromises the integrity of the rotor. To me it's not worth it.

good point you make

i went to far on the gtr and had no cold braking due to my disc and pad choice so i had to ride the brakes for a while in the morning to make temp....... i went to solid front and rear and the right pads and i had some good bite from the time i left home

i will probably go EBC red again as i had a good time with that brand on the gtr

although i hear so many people praising bendix pads so i might check them out as well
gt4lm
Club Member

Previous

Return to Handling and Braking