Tein EDFC in ST165?

Celica Turbo

Hello

I installed some TEIN Super Street Dampers for the ST185 in my ST165.

I`m interested in the EDFC too. Had anyone tried the clearence from the stepping Motors to a ST165 Hood?

0605_impp_04z%2B2004_subaru_wrx_sti%2Btein_edfc.jpg

Should the stepping Motors fit under the ST165 Hood?

Thanks.

Celica Turbo

CMS-GT4

Do you have dimensions of the motor? You can measure yourself. Maybe check the tein website. Last I remember is they fit the 185 rc hood, but not the regular 185 hood without cutting.

sinerasis

I don't mean to be an ass, but couldn't you just go measure? The dimensions and clearence info is clearly explained on their website.

de_engineered

I'm curious about this too. Been keen to run the EDFC Active (eventually) in my Camry All-Trac, albeit a different creature. I don't mind drilling a little in my hood, nor taking off the dust boots on the motos, and just pay attention to keeping the parts clean, might consider that too, OP.

There's also always the washers-on-the-hood-joints mod, which folks do to allow for more cooling in the cowl-less 165 hood. Would give more clearance near the struts too.

de_engineered

Mafix":2n4tgjwn said:
it's a cool feature but way over priced. hence the lack of answers.
The only reviews I've seen have been from Rally Sport Direct, and on a BRZ. The feedback was favorable, but I'd trust an independent opinion more - even better still, opinions plural. Like you said, $ seems to make purchase prohibitive.

Mafix

with the edfc, you are at least 1500 into a suspension system that has garbage shocks. for that money you can buy a much better set that will actually handle far better than the teins. look at shock dynos. there is much to learn there.