KYB AGX struts?

killer_siller

i am looking to buy new struts for my st165. i am going to be autocrossing come spring and right now i can't even take a corner at over 30mph w/o scraping the car (it has the original 1988 struts on it).

i saw the KYBs and thought they were right up my ally. anyone used these? any opinions on them?

Dano

Probly not too much help for you but I just got stock front struts installed on my ST165. They definately improved the ride but it is soft compared to my MR2 and IMO after market adjustable struts are the way to go for auto-cross or track for the ST165.

My Toyota dealer offered a lifetime warranty for parts AND labour and since I don't auto cross and stock is less costly than after market, OEM made the most sense for me.

SBCelicaGT

KYB AGX struts are probably one of the best inexpensive tunable struts you can purchase, IMO. If you can get a good deal on them, go for it.

mudslide

I bought the agx's for the front and like them so far. At $70 each they're alot of bang and a little buck (relitlivley). I'm going to be putting in agx's for the rear as soon i finish with the conversion. those with eibach coilovers ($200) will finish out my budget Auto X suspesion just fine.

yamayuki98

mudslide":1219oms3 said:
I bought the agx's for the front and like them so far. At $70 each they're alot of bang and a little buck (relitlivley). I'm going to be putting in agx's for the rear as soon i finish with the conversion. those with eibach coilovers ($200) will finish out my budget Auto X suspesion just fine.
$70 a piece for the front...where did you get them...last time i check they ran like at least $150 each for the front...i know that the GR-2's go for about $70 but i've never seen AGX go for $70...if you got them, let me in on the buy...i need to get some...

mudslide

i'm from long beach, they were mr2 inserts and work great, no lift either. the guy said he'd sell them at that price for anyone we brought in. so if you want a pair email me and i'll see what i can do.

BraveUlysses

mudslide":21mo8cbz said:

Eibach coilovers? Are you just referring to their normal springs?

mudslide

well the coilovers are a bit of a custom job. you can use your choice of springs so long as its the right length and stiffness. we're still working on that part. you can buy all the parts from race shops like speedwaymotors.com. course it may not work out and my car falls to pieces :shrug: