Lower Ball Joint Clearance Problem on ST165 (ST205 Brakes)

Celica Turbo

Hello

I installed long time ago the ST205 front brakes on my ST165 without Brake Caliper Brakets. The Brake Discs are machined down to 302 mm in diameter. I installed a 4mm Spacer between Hub and Brake disc, and on the caliper we machined down 4mm to. Brake Disc is 100% in the middle.

But the Brake Discs touch the Lower Ball Joints.

Exists there any other options to get more clearance between Ball Joint and Brake Disc?

I think, others has/had the same problems with the ST205 Discs with Diamater ~300 mm.

Thanks for your help.

Celica Turbo

zaluss

Celica Turbo":mu9vg4u7 said:
Hello

I installed long time ago the ST205 front brakes on my ST165 without Brake Caliper Brakets. The Brake Discs are machined down to 302 mm in diameter. I installed a 4mm Spacer between Hub and Brake disc, and on the caliper we machined down 4mm to. Brake Disc is 100% in the middle.

But the Brake Discs touch the Lower Ball Joints.

Exists there any other options to get more clearance between Ball Joint and Brake Disc?

I think, others has/had the same problems with the ST205 Discs with Diamater ~300 mm.

Thanks for your help.

Celica Turbo

Looking at this thread it seems that redrilling is300 or is200 discs will work.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20216&start=195

Let me know if that works for you as I'm also curious since the last person on the thread seems to have done it.

freddie":mu9vg4u7 said:
My 165 has 205 calipers and discs on the rear. Front 205 Calipers with Lexus IS200 Discs. 165 Master cylinder and booster.
Technical help can be found on this site and I also had help thanks to fcZach.

Master Cylinder - pedal travels a bit more. (but I will be changing to a 205 master cylinder and booster soon)

Wheels - currently running 16x7.5 inch 3 piece with 30 offset. Yes on rear the calipers hit the inside of the wheel center,
so I run 25mm thick spacers. Clearance of rim to caliper (outwards) is about 15mm.

Celica Turbo

Hello

Thanks for your response.

My Problem is, that other Brake Discs from the IS200 or the IMPREZA are not be a option, because i allready installed some expensive front and rear brake Discs from ENDLESS Japan. And the Brake Discs are no longer available. I need to replace the rears too, if i install new ones on the front axle. The ENDLESS Brake Discs costed years ago about 1500 USD for front and rear.

Is there no one who makes aftermarked Ball Joints? I think i had seen someone in this Forum with Spherical Custom Ball Joints, but i can't find it anymore.

Or should i install a bigger Spacer between Brake Disc and Hub? 8mm?

But it fits al perfect now with the 4mm Spacer.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Celica Turbo

underscore

You could try shaving down the joint a bit. Have they only recently started touching or have they always done this?

Celica Turbo

underscore":3sjs8qg8 said:
You could try shaving down the joint a bit. Have they only recently started touching or have they always done this?

Hello

Shave down the Ball Joint is a option for sure.

The Brake discs touching the Ball Joint since i installed the ST205 Brake.

Celica Turbo