After Spacer Install Question/Help

MrMcQuacker

I added spacers to my st165 rear end. After the first install it looked great and could not wait to finish the otherside. After I installed the other side I noticed that the clearance on both sides are not the same, can anyone please help me adjust or fix the issue.

MrMcQuacker

ill show picks soon, it just weird because the passenger side rear is nice and flush. But the Driver side rear is still like half an inch in still, not flush. Same exact set up on both sides, but its not identical.

MrMcQuacker

Sorry, wasn't able to get any pictures yet. But overall it's as simple as it sounds. st165 with H&R 25mm spacers on both sides, but the driver side rear still looks like it needs 5-10mm more. Just doesn't make sense to me on why it's so off. Even if alignment or toe was off, it wouldn't make that much of a difference would it?

MrMcQuacker

A small one the previous owner told me about and repaired already. I mean, I guess that's a possibility. I will measure in inner wheel wall on both sides and compare. Thx, for the insight. I'll keep you guys posted :)

CMS-GT4

Also consider bent suspension components. Have you had it on an alignment machine to tell you where it is at.

MrMcQuacker

Ok, so I measured the wheel well and they are indentical. I measured the bottom and top on the tires and only the top part is pushed in. I am thinking camber? Do our st165 come with factory camber adjustment of any kind?

fussellbug

From the Rear Axle and Suspension section of the ST165 Repair Manual:

Camber: Inspection standard —45' +/- 45'
Left-right error 30'
Camber is not adjustable. If measurement is not within specification, inspect and replace the suspension parts as
necessary.