need some info on axles...

BBoYRuGGeD

Hi guys! i just got a quick question.... are the st165, st185, and st205 axles different or are they all same (maybe similar?)??? any help is greatly appreciated!!! :)

btw if i put this on the wrong place sorry!!! :D

BBoY

Austen_gt4

the parts going into the tranny have to be the same.. cuz you can swap out 165,185,205 tranny's.. ok then what makes them diff.. length or the end that goes into the wheel berring..

CelicaGT4

the AWD setup doesn't have an intermediate shaft. You can use the alltrac axle from the drivers side, but you will have to come up with an axle setup long enough for the passenger side since the FWD trannies do not have the rear driveshafts from the tranny obviously.

Austen_gt4

CelicaGT4":3na2l3q9 said:
the AWD setup doesn't have an intermediate shaft. You can use the alltrac axle from the drivers side, but you will have to come up with an axle setup long enough for the passenger side since the FWD trannies do not have the rear driveshafts from the tranny obviously.

thats not what he is asking.. he wants to know if they are the same between the 165,185,205..

Austen_gt4

ok now answer my question if you know for sure.. are they the same or not?

and if that the case he should of put that in there some where, instead of just saying 165,185,205....

SuperWhite92

Sorry for the dead thread revival, but if one were to swap a 205 tranny into a 185, would the axles from the 185 work, or would you need custom axles?