What master cylinder to use with performance brake system

Glenn653

I'm going to be upgrading the brakes on the car 90 185 I'm building. I'm leaning towards the big brake kit offered by Rocketeer as I've used the Wilwood kits previously and liked the results. My question is what master cylinder are people using. Does anyone make a dual single resivour kit like wilwood offers for other cars? Or, does the stock cyl. have enough flow and pressure for the brake upgrade?

Lots of power to go fast is optional, stopping it once you get that fast is mandatory.

furpo

by using simple mechanical and hydralic equations you will be able to work it out yourself.

email me and i will send you through a word document with an explination.

basically what you do is work out how hard you have to push your brake pads into the disk to lock the wheel and work backwards all the way through to how hard you want to push on the peddle to achive wheel lock.

the standard abs master cylinder has a one inch bore

roger

Zeus

dude please send that to me too... ive been looking for an upgrade for a couple of years

hmm well not looking but wanting haha

Glenn653

I'd rather find a high performance setup that doesn't use a vacume booster at all. This is why I was inquiring about a dual master cyl brake system for the ST185.

furpo

sorry i did not get back sooner. i did not receive my reply email. o well it is posted up now. thanks rightrac. enjoy everyone

roger

Rocketeer

Don't mean to butt in here but our kits are specifically designed to work with the stock M/C. They Dynalites have some many piston sizes available that we can get it as perfect as possible. If you change M/C we would have to use a different piston size to match the new one. Not a problem but not necessary to change M/C either.

JC