FS: MD: 2005 Saab 9-2X Aero Turbo All-Wheel Drive Project

jwgt41

It pains me to do it but with an upcoming move looming, I need to find a new home for my project car. The 9-2X Aero were simply rebadged WRX wagons, but with some upgraded components like interiors, STI steering rack, and some other things I can't think of at the moment.

The good :D :

-It is a one-owner car from new, with clean title (I bought the car from original owner. Title has been signed over, not reissued in my name)
-Garage kept since new
-Sought-after 5-speed with Enkei wheels
-Includes upgrade parts (Avo turbo, ACT 6-puck clutch, lightened flywheel, Tein lowering springs, Turbo XS high flow injectors, Turbo XS turbo-back exhaust, and Mishimoto aluminum radiator)

The not-so-good :| :

-The car has high miles (242,xxx)
-Had minor engine fire because of leaking headgaskets
-Wiring harness, some hoses, a few neighboring components and hood damaged
-Has some rust on the left rear as shown in the photos
-Has been involved in 2 low-speed accidents, both in which damaged the left front fender and bumper

Now if you survived all the painful details above and are still reading, the car isn't far from being roadworthy, and can prove to be a genuine bargain for someone willing to get their hands dirty. First off.....much of the damage was done to the motor, a unit with (lets be honest here) more miles than what is worth putting any amount of time and effort into. The previous owner had mentioned low compression in two of the cylinders, and routine maintenance would also be needed while doing the headgaskets. Best bet is to grab a replacement motor from one of the JDM vendors around the country. One local to me has units for $1k with less than 55k miles on them, complete with turbo, clutch and many of the components damaged in the fire. If I were keeping the car, it's what I would do. When the old motor goes away, so does many of the problems. Plus, you'll have spare heads and other parts for future use.

Next, a new wiring harness will be included in the sale. This is the one that comes through the firewall, into the engine bay. I've already got it in hand.

Third, several components damaged in the fire have already been replaced, and I have a source for a parts car if additional pieces are desired.

Fourth, the car is solid underneath, and I've posted photos for validation. This truly is a solid car for someone to use as a daily.

The car is not perfect, with some bumps and bruises expected of a 12-year old car. But I'll be happy to answer any questions you guys have. I bought the car in June with the intention of making it my daily, but my wife and I are relocating to the Carolinas and I just don't have any more time to dedicate to her. If you do some research, you'll find the values continue to be high on these cars, and you can't go wrong with the WRX platform.

If you'd like any other pics, let me know and I'll see what I can do. The car is parked at a buddy's house just outside Clear Spring, MD.

Asking $1500 obo.

BhcGfJal.jpg

jqBC1DVl.jpg

Ho9HSAFl.jpg

KTRrnPsl.jpg

ifVbYmzl.jpg

irux9tnl.jpg

gvP2L9Fl.jpg

FmYrN3Bl.jpg

UIPBTMal.jpg

kgky222l.jpg

Je8n5rNl.jpg