AHH CEL probs again! Please HELP!

88Allheeze

First when I got my engine all back in and running I got an error code 11, then I went and cleared it by pulling the EFI relay out for a few min, I put the relay back and started it my car again, now im getting a tps, afm, idl, ignition switch, 02 sensor and interuption of B+ to ecu codes. I checked all my engine grounds and made sure my ecu was plugged it correctly.

I have egr, turbo pressure sensor & vsv, fuel pressure vsv, a/c and idle up sensors removed and my 02 sensor is ran through the wideband

Any advice? The car runs good but I wanna get to the bottom of this prob.

Mafix

jesus god...well are yo ustill using the AFM? it sounds like that could be the root of your problems.

88Allheeze

I dont believe so, The light was on when I first started my car after rebuild, Then my friend was in the car so he counted the CEL light blinks, he said it was just the code 11. Then I checked everything out for the code 11 and thought maybe it was from tapping into the switched b+ wire for my safc so i ran another wire for the safc. Then I tried to reset my ecu to see if it fixed the prob, then all the other codes came up when i ran the car.

Mafix

what i would do is actually disconnect the safc and wire originally, even if it's just a temp wiring job. then check everything again, repair accordingly, check again. then if everything is ok, put the safc back in.

88Allheeze

on of my friends that works at a toyota dealership said all those things may share a common ground and thats what could be the reason they are all on but i havent found something yet for bad grounds

Cashback

You might also want to crack the ECU open and check to make sure it's still good. Look for any burnt spots.

88Allheeze

I found the the sensor ground (E2) did not have continuity to the sensors needed, I took apart my harness and found that one of the splices was green and didnt have continuity to it. I cut that piece out and soldered it, GOOD continuity now!