ECU Plug Part Numbers (Custom Harnesses?)

SuperWhite92

toyota ECU plug part #'s for custom harnesses

female receptacle is amp/tyco part # 174518-7

the male plugs are part #'s 174514-6 (16 pin), 174515-6 (22 pin), and 174516-6 (26 pin), with contacts being part #'s 173631 (large) and 173716 (small). you'll need 16 of the larger and 48 of the smaller ones.

www.onlinecomponents.com stocks all these parts.

the female plug costs ~$6

the male plugs cost ~$1 each and the pins are about 4-5 cents each and they have no minimum order.

Stolen from the MR2 board. I figured this was pretty damn useful.

polarmoment

i'm the one who posted that over there. all that info is in the "it works, it works" thread right below this one :D i was just trying to make sure it was documented here and there.

now if someone could find ME some delphi/packard 12089660 terminals...

___Scott___

To add a little more info to the thread, the AMP part# for the ST165 ECU connector is: 1-172319-7

it looks like this:
ST165ECUConnector2a.jpg

Onlinecomponents doesn't stock them, and last time I tried to buy them (from another distributor), I was told I had to buy a minimum quantity of 400. The lead time was a lot more than the 8-weeks that OC is claiming too.

DangerViking

I had a question somewhat related to this, and happened to see this which is just about perfect :) Does anyone have any idea where one might buy wire to make a new wiring harness? Right now my harness is completely out on my project car, and before putting it back in, I would really love to redo it completely. The only problem is that Toyota uses all kinds of funky colored wires, and a whole lot of them at that. I'd prefer to rewire to stock colors, but otherwise I'll just have to find some multiconnector cable and hope for the best, I'd just hate to have the same color cable used for two different things, because that can get ugly real fast. Any help would be appreciated :) Thanks!

___Scott___

I don't know of any source for wire in factory colors and stripes. One option is to pull a harness out of a car at the junk yard and strip individual wires out of it as needed.

You may also consider buying a universal wiring kit. I suspect Painless Wiring probably sells them, but I know Rodney at RS Autosport sells them for the MegaSquirt crowd, http://rs-autosport.com/ They won't have the factory colors, but they do have labels printed along the whole length of the wires. If you talk to him, you may also be able to custom order a set of wires in the lengths and colors you want and labeled anyway you want. That of course would cost substantially more... if he is even willing to do it again.

DangerViking

by the way, I found this thread by googling the part number 1-172319-7:
http://forum.aempower.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=2159&sid=9254d8b444a902bb6a43f1f89df6a4d8

looks like the 165 ECU plug is the same as the 87-88 supra, and from checking out ebay Supra ECUs, it looks like the turbo model ECU is indeed the same hideously day-glo yellow connector :) Thread also says it's the same for 1G DSM ECUs. Could be a lot easier/cheaper to find than a spare 165 ECU. Has anyone ever tried ordering one or two connectors from onlinecomponents.com to see if there is just a hideously long wait, or if they just won't order them unless it's in bulk? I'd be curious.

A

Anonymous

BUMP FROM THE DEAD!

Hey guys I'm trying to find the AMP part numbers for a 94 Supra--how in the world did you guys find the AMP part numbers for your cars? I've been searching on the net for hours and would love some direction.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

polarmoment

i went to the AMP tyco site and started looking through their high density connector technical drawings until i found the ones that matched what i saw on the car.

i wonder how close the ST165 plugs are to OBD0 honda...