ECU question

Jynxaholic

Just wondering if an st205 ecu would work on a 185 engine w/ a wta i/c? Would I have to do anything special, like rewire it or would it just plug in? Thanks

___Scott___

An ST205 ECU is a speed density system, and is therefore inherently sensitive to changes in volumetric efficiency of the engine. That's not necessarily a bad thing if you have a way to re-tune the ECU for the engine application but, as far as I know, the ST205 is a fixed system without anyway to modify its internal maps.

I believe the ST205 ECU would be a poor choice for an ST185 engine.

Jynxaholic

ohh aright.. i'm asking cuz right now i'm using a 165 ecu and it's fried and i'm looking for another. so should i just stick with what i was using?

___Scott___

Jynxaholic":1coueau7 said:
right now i'm using a 165 ecu and it's fried

Define "fried"

It's pretty tough to kill the processor in the ECU since it's tucked back at the opposite end of the board away from the connector. If it's just an injector driver that's dead or somthing like that, then they are relatively easy to replace... assuming you can find an equivalent transistor. Googling the injector driver transistor part number (NEC D1590) shows they are availble.

A lot of the other parts on the board are so obscure that I don't know if there are equivalents available.