P06 Honda conversion, poor mans EMS

Crome is free but you have to pay for the whole version, Hondata is pretty much not for the poor man, and there is Uberdata. I've used both uberdata and crome in my civic gsr turbo. Its easy to use. There is also Neptune. P72 is the way to go for alltracs.

Any updates on this project???

Moates.net has the ecu chip kit for $16.00 and the datalogger kit for $30. I got all my stuff from him.

bloodMoney

I don't think that you are going to get them.... He's selling the car, even after all the work he's done to it.

I do have the pinouts and diagrams to make it work though... 8)

~bloodMoney

gearhead313

man, maybe i should be buying it! I'm kicking around doing this to my car and just wondered how it was going, if it ended up making any big numbers, etc.

can you email me that stuff man? gearhead313 at hotmail dot com

timmey

This is what I love to see, and really appreciate about this forum: People that say "Hey! I can do that!" and are willing to try new things by themselves instead of paying out the ass for brand name stuff.

I can't say I've done anything this ambitious, but it feels good to figure stuff like this out yourself, know it's a true one-of-a-kind, know it inside and out if it breaks, and save a tonne of money. Yeah honda and toyota are different companies, but how different is the Gasoline Combustion Engine, really, when you have a range of adjustment?

Awesome, you should be proud. :)

PS: Unfortunately, I already have a Haltech. This would have been a cool project.

Timmey

bloodMoney

Gearhead: It'll have to wait until next week sometime.... I've got finals this week that are killing me, so it's gonna wait until after the profs are done raping me.

~bloodMoney

88Allheeze

I can still help if anyone needs help with this, I wish someone would just buy my car already so i can start my new project....

gearhead313

bloodMoney":1f3nb1hy said:
Gearhead: It'll have to wait until next week sometime.... I've got finals this week that are killing me, so it's gonna wait until after the profs are done raping me.

~bloodMoney

just a friendly reminder :)

bloodMoney

s#it son..... I totally zoned on this. I forgot the schematics up at school. I'll be back up there by new years eve, I'll post it then. Sorry to keep you waiting gearhead....

~bloodMoney

polarmoment

FWIW, i updated the XLS sheet i posted on page 2 to include gen2a, gen2b, gen3 and ST165 wiring harnesses.

i may have a solution for using the toyota distributor with the honda ECU. it involves desoldering the HIC1 board and replacing it with a custom board that interprets the signals.

i dyno'd the car before i put it away this winter and it put down 276whp at 13psi on E85 with probably 20-25HP left in the timing tables. i'm on the stock fuel pump still, so it couldn't push any more fuel than 276hp worth.

gearhead313

man, after really looking at all this, props to you guys for figuring this out. I'm debating now whether this is going to be worth my time or not...

So, one question i have is... there is no way to solely use the honda ecu and its own harness? I was hoping to get rid of the toyota harness all together and wire the car starting with a pgmfi harness?

shadowlife25

bloodMoney":3neji5g1 said:
s#it son..... I totally zoned on this. I forgot the schematics up at school. I'll be back up there by new years eve, I'll post it then. Sorry to keep you waiting....

~bloodMoney

Any possiblity I can have this info also?
I have been following this for a LONG time now and may just do it in my 'Trac.

Much appreciated.

- Mario

6strngs

gearhead313":dnezrnok said:
So, one question i have is... there is no way to solely use the honda ecu and its own harness? I was hoping to get rid of the toyota harness all together and wire the car starting with a pgmfi harness?
I wonder about this too.

You should just post all the info in this thread and they should sticky it!

88Allheeze

i made my own harness. the only toyota parts needed are for the dash connectors and for the headlights and such... the toyota harnesses are not made the best and have alot of crimps that can get corroded easily.

soarer.jzz30

I love this thread. My racing buddy has an 89 crx si with a jdm accord H22 witht he stock d16 trans (H2d) and converted to obd1 because the dizzy pick up was different. I helped/watched him burn chips and eventually use crome and datalogging and start adjusting in car via usb. he has loads of exp in building hondas and mapping, and could help me along the way. So what exactly do I need to do this, and can I just connect like you said with a jumper from my stock harness. I need this as my dd so I am keeping my a/c. The egr and t-vis are gone, I downloaded the schematics. I have a freshley re-built head and block with mild upgrades and am very willing to take this project on while the harness and engine are out. A list of parts and diagrams would help. Whatever is the easiest way of doing this would be better, There seem to be different ways of doing this, but like I said I want to keep my harness and a/c. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. I have spare 185 and 165 parts for trade if need be. I really want to do this asap. Also polar, do you have the board and dizzy worked out for use with the stock toyota?
Thanks!

$200GT-4

I'll download chrome to look at the software to see if it's any better than the SDS I have now, but what I'm wondering is can you simply employ an aftermarket pickup for the ignition? I have no interest in using a distributor.