Emanage and TVIS

WideFNopen

I have done some searching and it seems like some of you with Emanage are tuning your TVIS through the Vtek controller. I was hoping to find out how to do this also but I have not come across any complete write ups on it. If anyone has knowledge on how to do it, hook a brother up!!

TVIS_ExistingWiring.jpg

How do I convert the Emanage Vtek signal to work with the TVIS system??

CMS-GT4

Its been a long while since I did a thread on this, and just as long since I have had Tvis.

I think it has to do with switching the signal from + to - or vice versa.

a TVIS reaction uses the oposite charge a vtek uses.

So, I think if you look at the TVIS switch page (hidden somewhere in one of the mod links on the at.net front page) you might be able to figure it all out.

WideFNopen

CMS-GT4- I read your old post on it and that is actually where I got the idea for keeping the TVIS. I was reading post on how to delete it, and was planning on doing so, then I came across a few threads with you and Chris D talking about it. I have decided to keep the TVIS system since reading this. My trac is a rally car and therefore I am forced to run a restrictor. I am hoping that with the TVIS being "tunable" through my emanage I will be able to defeat the restrictor some what by increasing the air velocity in the intake runner and therefore help spool.

Thanks for the great info in your previous threads CMS-GT4. I will try and figure this out and post up on this thread on how to do it. Hopefully it will be as simple as a few trips to Radioshack.

Any other tips or ideas from whomever are much appreciated,

John

By looking at the BGB it seems that the T-VIS VSV is activated by the ECU using a negative(-) pulse. That beign the case if the Emanage V-tech activation signal is neg.(-),you just cut the T-VIS VSV light green wire and connect it right to the Emanage V-tech activation wire. If the Emanage V-tech signal is positive then you will have to use a relay and wire it so that the Emanage activates it with the V-tech wire and connect the light green wire of the T-VIS VSV to the relay post that has a neg.(-) signal when activated. In both cases,do not forget to tape the tip of the light green wire that comes from the ECU. Someone here may be able to post how to wire a relay to get it activated with a positive(+) signal and get a neg.(-) signal from one of its posts. Hope this helps.