Apexi fc

tas_gt4

Hey all,
Thinking about getting the apexi fc, with the hand controller....just wondering if anyone has anything to say about these units...good or bad. A friend has one installed in his st205 and says its fantastic, just pull out your old ecu and plug in the apexi...so im thinking, sounds good along with all the other good things it sounds like it does. So just after some input from anyone.
BTW- this is my first post as registered user just want 2 say hi 2 all and say i love this site (forums) ...makes the world a better place :)

tas_gt4

its ok all..just found out that i cant use the apexi fc in my st185...apexi only do for st205 :( not happy....any other ideas guys on a good cheap plug n play engine managment system for a 90 st185

sardgt4

You can use a power fc on the st185. It just requires some minor rewiring. Also you will have to add an air intake temp sensor pre throttle body and change the ignitor to a st205 ignitor. Fairly simple. I have a 3rd gen mr2 ecu in my st185. I therefore ditched the air flow meter. I did this all with the intent to buy a power fc in the future. The power fc is only $850 shipped now with the commander which I think is a great deal. Hope this helps.

John 92 st185