440 test on my car

Mafix

just so you guys know.
at 12 psi with stock fuel and pressure the 440cc injectors are at 80%. and that is with corrected (standalone) AFR's.

Mafix

stock head and block. manifolds are mostly stock.
and i don't think i'll burp out to see where 100% is.

Mafix

well i'm maxed out on the factory stuff, both turbo and injectors. i gotta say, holy balls is this thing fast.

the stock turbo won't hold 14psi solid, and the injector duty cycle is between 80 and 90 at that pressure.

$200GT-4

What are your AFR's at that duty cycle? My guess is you're a little on the fat side if you're maxxing out the injectors that quickly, based solely on the fact that an SR can run a bar of boost on 370's maxxed out.

Mafix

sr=nissan
nissan head flow is completely different then toyota. our cars use a lot of air and fuel.

anyways my afrs are at 11.3-11.5 at max boost.

$200GT-4

Could you elaborate a little more on that? They're both 2.0 liter 4 bangers. The S14 turbo is pretty similar in size to the CT26, they both rev to about 7k, both stock turbos are good for nothing past 1 bar of boost. I don't see what a little headflow has to do with it here, unless the SR sucks at life so bad and doesn't flow near as much air or come close to making the same power at the same boost as the 3S. I know they're not that bad of an engine to throw down around 300 to the wheels on a stock S14 turbo with all the bolt ons and a tuned PFC.

TomsGT4

Mafix":3po1kjwz said:
well i'm maxed out on the factory stuff, both turbo and injectors. i gotta say, holy balls is this thing fast.

the stock turbo won't hold 14psi solid, and the injector duty cycle is between 80 and 90 at that pressure.

Turbo maxed before injectors right?
Ever think of upgrading to a CT20B or CT27?

Mafix

i've got a 50 trim sitting. just wanted to do this first. i figured you guys would enjoy the info.

and yes turbo maxed out before the injectors

200 - really if they were so close to the same thing then why didn't they use the same motor. yes number wise they are close but other than that, all the electronics are different. the head flow/cams/valvetrain/piston design/manifolds/drivetrain (which does make a difference)/oiling system different. a better comparison for my motor (which i'll assume we are talking about) would be a s13 motor not a s14. like comparing a 165 to a 185. if you are revving a stock 165 to 7K you are laying waste to a good motor. there is no power gain past 6400 on the stock cams in a 165. so that's different. and 300whp with bolt ons? really that doesn't matter. if you think about it lets throw in every other 2 liter turbo motor. like a 4g63. sure it's the same. i can run a mabye 14 on a stock 165 with a boost controller. or low 13's with a stock dsm and a boost controller. apples and oranges bro. i don't mean to sound rude but it's like trying to return a TV you bought at walmart to kmart. same in ways but nowhere close to the same under the skin.

$200GT-4

Mafix":1hga8l1q said:
i've got a 50 trim sitting. just wanted to do this first. i figured you guys would enjoy the info.

and yes turbo maxed out before the injectors

200 - really if they were so close to the same thing then why didn't they use the same motor. yes number wise they are close but other than that, all the electronics are different. the head flow/cams/valvetrain/piston design/manifolds/drivetrain (which does make a difference)/oiling system different. a better comparison for my motor (which i'll assume we are talking about) would be a s13 motor not a s14. like comparing a 165 to a 185. if you are revving a stock 165 to 7K you are laying waste to a good motor. there is no power gain past 6400 on the stock cams in a 165. so that's different. and 300whp with bolt ons? really that doesn't matter. if you think about it lets throw in every other 2 liter turbo motor. like a 4g63. sure it's the same. i can run a mabye 14 on a stock 165 with a boost controller. or low 13's with a stock dsm and a boost controller. apples and oranges bro. i don't mean to sound rude but it's like trying to return a TV you bought at walmart to kmart. same in ways but nowhere close to the same under the skin.

I figured there were enough similarities there to warrant it a feasible comparison, but I was under the mistaken assumption that you had a 185. :doh:

gt4tified

Mafix, you're fuel system is set up exactly like mine but for some reason, while I'm not blowing any smoke at all, I am burning a lot of gas. I know I have a 185 but maybe you could tell me what your AVC-R says on idle at normal oper. temp. for injector duty cycle.

Mine starts at like 96.5% and as the throttle opens it falls to 86% and then varies between those two readings - is that duty on idle normal?

Mafix

well this info will change. turns out my wideband is out. so a new one is on the way and i'll repost my findings.