AEM ems

Talk EMS and Computer related performance

AEM ems

Postby BayAreaAT® » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:35 pm

How much did you guys paid for yours? is 1,600 good price?

Thanks
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Chris M.
91 ST185 "money sponge"
Ford Ford (Daily Grind)
R1 Yamaha ( Need for speed)
Ford F150
Chrysler 300c Hemi baby!!
BayArea,California

www.Boost2maxx.com
User avatar
BayAreaAT®
Established Member
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:52 pm
Location: Bay Area,CA

Postby RedCelicaTRD » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:45 pm

Thats a pretty good street price. Usually they are about 50-100 more.
Wayne
1990 All Trac
2017 SRT Challenger Hellcat
Grumpy Moderator
RedCelicaTRD
GTFour God
 
Posts: 3947
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:58 pm
Location: Syracuse, UT

Postby gt4tuner » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:52 pm

These guys are pretty good. Most of my DSM friends do a lot of business with them. They have it for 1528 so aroud the same price range as you.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/ems.htm
Image
User avatar
gt4tuner
Club Member
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:00 pm
Location: Ithaca, NY

Postby BayAreaAT® » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:18 pm

Thanks guys :)
Chris M.
91 ST185 "money sponge"
Ford Ford (Daily Grind)
R1 Yamaha ( Need for speed)
Ford F150
Chrysler 300c Hemi baby!!
BayArea,California

www.Boost2maxx.com
User avatar
BayAreaAT®
Established Member
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:52 pm
Location: Bay Area,CA

Postby Griffin » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:46 pm

Yep - thats a great price these days. I paid like 1200 for mine about 6 months ago but its gone way up.
Dave Staba
Owner - DD Performance Research
SOLD - 1990 Black ST185
Current - 2000 Celica GTS , 2000 MR2 Spyder, 2013 Scion FR-S
Sealy, TX
User avatar
Griffin
Established Member
 
Posts: 1690
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:09 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Postby RedCelicaTRD » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:32 am

you must have gotten one of the first ones Griffin. Even my dealer cost has gone up steadly in the past few months.
Wayne
1990 All Trac
2017 SRT Challenger Hellcat
Grumpy Moderator
RedCelicaTRD
GTFour God
 
Posts: 3947
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:58 pm
Location: Syracuse, UT

Postby turbo4wd » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:46 am

gt4tuner wrote:These guys are pretty good. Most of my DSM friends do a lot of business with them. They have it for 1528 so aroud the same price range as you.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/ems.htm


I can second this.. I happen to live nearby, and have gone to them for numerous things.. A good bunch of guys in general.. No BS with them..
Dan
Undercover Moderator
User avatar
turbo4wd
Established Member
 
Posts: 2459
Images: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:05 am
Location: back home in SoCal..

Postby Griffin » Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:04 pm

RedCelicaTRD wrote:you must have gotten one of the first ones Griffin. Even my dealer cost has gone up steadly in the past few months.


Yup - I got number 30 :)
Dave Staba
Owner - DD Performance Research
SOLD - 1990 Black ST185
Current - 2000 Celica GTS , 2000 MR2 Spyder, 2013 Scion FR-S
Sealy, TX
User avatar
Griffin
Established Member
 
Posts: 1690
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:09 pm
Location: Houston, TX

?? bout the AEM EMS

Postby MARLON1211 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:39 pm

is it a good recomendation even though it have a stock rebuild engine.
SO BE IT
User avatar
MARLON1211
Established Member
 
Posts: 1011
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:09 pm

Re: ?? bout the AEM EMS

Postby Griffin » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:23 pm

MARLON1211 wrote:is it a good recomendation even though it have a stock rebuild engine.


It will only make a little more power than a stock ECU unless you start modding in which case the differences become huge.
Dave Staba
Owner - DD Performance Research
SOLD - 1990 Black ST185
Current - 2000 Celica GTS , 2000 MR2 Spyder, 2013 Scion FR-S
Sealy, TX
User avatar
Griffin
Established Member
 
Posts: 1690
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:09 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: ?? bout the AEM EMS

Postby turbo4wd » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:27 pm

Griffin wrote:
MARLON1211 wrote:is it a good recomendation even though it have a stock rebuild engine.


It will only make a little more power than a stock ECU unless you start modding in which case the differences become huge.


However, you can be rest assured that this unit will "grow" with your mods.. Its one of those ONE TIME purchases that you'll never have to make again.. unless of course you break it.. :doh:
Dan
Undercover Moderator
User avatar
turbo4wd
Established Member
 
Posts: 2459
Images: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:05 am
Location: back home in SoCal..

Re: ?? bout the AEM EMS

Postby Griffin » Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:56 pm

turbo4wd wrote:
Griffin wrote:
MARLON1211 wrote:is it a good recomendation even though it have a stock rebuild engine.


It will only make a little more power than a stock ECU unless you start modding in which case the differences become huge.


However, you can be rest assured that this unit will "grow" with your mods.. Its one of those ONE TIME purchases that you'll never have to make again.. unless of course you break it.. :doh:


exactly!
Dave Staba
Owner - DD Performance Research
SOLD - 1990 Black ST185
Current - 2000 Celica GTS , 2000 MR2 Spyder, 2013 Scion FR-S
Sealy, TX
User avatar
Griffin
Established Member
 
Posts: 1690
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:09 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Postby RedCelicaTRD » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:39 am

Heck, even if YOU break it AEM will fix it. They have fixed alot of user caused failures and stand behind their product 100%. Great support with this product unlike alot of the other stand alones on the market.
Wayne
1990 All Trac
2017 SRT Challenger Hellcat
Grumpy Moderator
RedCelicaTRD
GTFour God
 
Posts: 3947
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:58 pm
Location: Syracuse, UT

Postby turbo4wd » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:37 am

RedCelicaTRD wrote:Heck, even if YOU break it AEM will fix it. They have fixed alot of user caused failures and stand behind their product 100%. Great support with this product unlike alot of the other stand alones on the market.


That alone leaves me rest assured.. because I'm aiming to install mine soon hopefully within the next couple of months.. (I have a feeling you'll end up getting a call from me Dave..)

Oh and dude, whats the news on the car? any progress from the body shop?
Dan
Undercover Moderator
User avatar
turbo4wd
Established Member
 
Posts: 2459
Images: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:05 am
Location: back home in SoCal..

Postby Griffin » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:12 pm

I havent been there since last week, but last time I was there they had the new roof skin on, the new rocker panel on, the new upper front rad. support on and the new trunk center section on. Really everythign else was starndard dent and ding and bolt on stuff, so I would expect that they will start sandign and painting soon if not already. I'll probably go pop in either today or tomorrow to check on her.
Dave Staba
Owner - DD Performance Research
SOLD - 1990 Black ST185
Current - 2000 Celica GTS , 2000 MR2 Spyder, 2013 Scion FR-S
Sealy, TX
User avatar
Griffin
Established Member
 
Posts: 1690
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:09 pm
Location: Houston, TX


Return to EFI Corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest