Wiring harness part #? Also, harness on 93 MR2T Engine?

CodingParadox

So, I'm about to buy a wiring harness with part number 82121-2G690. Can anyone verify if this is for 90/91 or 92/93? Also, I assume this harness should work fine on my 93 MR2T engine when I drop it into my ST165?

I have the 90 alltrac harness, ECU to fuseblock as 8211 2D070 and
the other (headlights, ABS, etc..) as 2D040. Dont have a clue as
to what the MR2 numbers are.

CodingParadox

Well, mostly I'm just under the impression that the ST185 harness should drop onto the SW20 engine, just because it's basically the same engine, the harness just goes to a different place on the SW20. I.e. I should be able to use that harness and make the engine into what is basically an ST185 engine. I'm going to have to do the rewiring fun that Chris D's written up to use the 185 harness with my 165 fusebox, but I can handle that, as opposed to rewiring the MR2 nightmare harness to do that.

alltracman78

185 harness should work better for you than a SW20 harness. You will have a sensor on the oil pan that has no connection with the 185 harness [oil level sensor].
Dunno which p# is for what year, my 91 is 800m away. Call the dealership and find out the #.

CodingParadox

Interesting. Dealer says it's a 92 harness (8/91-7/92). Wouldn't it be 92 and 93?...

Ah well, at least I can run the JDM ECU with this one until I can find someone to trade for a USDM ECU.

alltracman78

I've never swapped or compared the 92/93 harness, but according to the bgb, the wiring is the same, and I know for a fact the ecus are interchangeable.