95.6% Injector Duty at idle?

gt4tified

I'm pretty sure my AVC-R is wired correctly but a friend who tunes for hondata saw my Injector Duty Cycle readout (95-96% on idle) and told me that something is waaaaaay wrong with that reading. I'm wondering if the walbro 255lph pump with stock fuel system is responsible for that, but wouldn't the fpr compensate for the higher pressure & flow from the pump. I'm getting no fumes etc at idle....the exhaust seems fine to me.

Simba

It will peak to 95% or so when you start the car, though it should come down to 3-5% or so at idle.

tissimo

IIRC avc-rs reading is remaining injector left, not your current duty. So if you have 95% left, 5% used.

Conan

gt4tified":2btg1clv said:
I'm pretty sure my AVC-R is wired correctly but a friend who tunes for hondata saw my Injector Duty Cycle readout (95-96% on idle) and told me that something is waaaaaay wrong with that reading.
Are you sure it wasn't stuck at peak hold (UP button)? How many sensors is it monitoring at once?
gt4tified":2btg1clv said:
I'm wondering if the walbro 255lph pump with stock fuel system is responsible for that, but wouldn't the fpr compensate for the higher pressure & flow from the pump.
It has nothing to do with the pump or the FPR, it's a signal from the ECU to the injector telling how much fuel needs to be squirted in.

So anyway, there's no way on Earth, the car would even idle at 96% duty for 1/10 of a second :D I know mine couldn't at 30-something percent :lol:

tissimo

Conan":1bpmnrre said:
tissimo":1bpmnrre said:
IIRC avc-rs reading is remaining injector left
Not true.

you sure? thats how my buddys s13 read it? 90 some % at idle as well.. and went down as he boosted? maybe his was hooekd up wrong? not sure

MrWOT

If your injectors were at 95%dc at idle you'd be BILLOWING black smoke if it was for more than just startup.

etantshi

MrWOT":1pbuiz8k said:
If your injectors were at 95%dc at idle you'd be BILLOWING black smoke if it was for more than just startup.

I don't think it would even run. 95% of 440s. Mixture would be way off.

built2run

i think its wired wrong, maybe your reading OFF time instead of ON time... does it go down on load? and yeah, it wouldn't run at idle like that

gt4tified

Wow....thanks for all the input! Just to clarify, I have no smoking issues, the car actually runs very healthy, a bit of black smoke on 1st and 3rd when running out the gears but I'm certain that its becuz of the stock ecu. The smoke is never continuous though.....a little puff according to my friend who observed while following me in his hondata-tuned SOHC honda.....lol

The duty as soon as I open the throttle goes down...at WOT on about 10psi I will go as low as high seventy-something percent. And then at idle again, it goes back to 95+ %.....so is the consensus that its my wiring?

Mafix

i think so ralph.
just had this thought
is the injector wire on the injector signal or the rpm signal. check that first.
did you set the unit up to read injector not tach?

gt4tified

Not 100% sure which wire the injector wire is on but I'm pretty certain its on the injector signal wire since I also have the rpm wire hooked up...I read rpm and speed just fine. And I have not joined any 2 of the AVC-R wires to any single connection on an ecu wire.

Mafix

oh you can't have both hooked up. problem solved. it's one or the other. with the rpm you program the unit as a 4cyl as an injector moniter you program the unit as a 1 cylinder